1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"I did it all for the knucky!"

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by spmdw45, Sep 22, 2012.

1. spmdw45 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Do you kill Jemeliah for the knucky, or leave him to reach retirement alive?

I kill him and then feel bad, and then pretend that the game let me offer him absurd amounts of money for the knucky instead... but I definitely kill him. The knucky is just that good.

-Max

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Seeing as the game doesn't exactly offer epic-level adventurers (several arcane casters among them) the option to charm or simply even bribe/buy the item off him, it's perfectly excusable.

Put it this way. You have the power to offer Jemeliah enough gold to buy land the size of the state of Texas in exchange for what is apparently a simple family heirloom. The game doesn't offer you the chance because IWD2 is just not that complex.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I never have.

4. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Pickpocket skill of 4 is enough to get a lucky knucky steal from him in normal mode.

Heart of Fury mode doesn't allow you to steal it anymore. If you summon a demon hostile to the party, it can kill him for you. But keeping the other merchants out of the fray is tricky.

I tried just killing him myself, but it turns all of Targos hostile for me. Maybe it's the result of some mod I installed?

5. spmdw45 Gems: 8/31

You have to kill him instantly before he can go hostile, which means Finger of Death--maybe Wail of the Banshee too but I haven't tried it. Nice idea with the demon though.

-Max

6. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've pick-pocketed the Lucky Knucky in both normal and HoF. I just never found the item all that useful (esp. as Light of Selune mod has Amulets of Natural Armor for sale). Generally I've sold it by the time my party reaches Kuldahar.

7. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If you stack luck you can accomplish amazing results. Supposedly even with +1 luck your character can never critical miss or critically fail a save, because +1 is always added to the die roll (so if you roll a 1, it's counted as a 2).

If you manage to get 5 or 6 or more total luck bonus on a character, it's pretty sickening how powerful that character becomes.

8. Nykidemus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've got a mod that randomizes a lot of the loot, and ended up winning the Knucky off Guthewulfe after the drinking contest. I had never heard of it, as I dont generally go around slaughtering random merchants.

I must say though, that it is a magnificent item, and one of the reasons I'm so glad for that mod. There's a lot of pieces of gear I've just never seen cause I dont generally take evil options in quests and such.

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I fully endorse this thread title, like the poster, and hope he sticks around.

No homo.

10. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You don't really need the extra bonuses to hit, but when it comes to criticals luck really shines. +2 Luck bonus alone is enough. Have two bards use Tymora's Melody/Lingering Song while everyone + 5 or so minions attack. There should be a marked increase in the frequency of critical hits. For extra pain combine with two handed axes (1.5 x str bonus to damage, x4 damage on crit) and other +luck items.

11. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Oh, so if you successfully happen to Finger (of Death) Jemeliah, then all of Targos won't go mad ape on you? That's good news, gotta try it sometime!

---------- Added 0 hours, 7 minutes and 50 seconds later... ----------

Oh and dogsoldier - Lucky Knucky, esp. its HOF version, if hands off the best amulet in the whole game for anyone doing physical combat. Unless the mod you're talking about has even MORE stupidly overpowered items for your entire party...

12. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Getting back to summoning the Demon. Couldn't you cast invisibility on the other merchants, then summon the Demon? Wouldn't that keep them out of the fray?

13. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

As far as I can tell, the problem is if anyone neutral gets hurt by you, directly or indirectly, they proceed in alerting the town of this fact and it's game over for you. Now, if you succeed in a direct kill with a Finger (and assuming no one sees you do it?), it might actually skip the "alert the whole town go ape on you" script.

14. spmdw45 Gems: 8/31

I've never taken special care not to get seen. Deirdre is standing right there, and I just FoD Jemeliah, and she goes right on selling me stuff after. [shrug] Go figure.

-Max

15. lefuet Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Resourceful Veteran

you don't need to kill him.
    But since pickpocketing takes quite a few tries I put a charm on him (i think it was Dire Charm). Then I can try with impunity. Took me about 30 tries. He only gets hostile (and only he) when the charm wears off. If I still need to do business there I can easely charm him again or ignore his attacks. But no need to kill the unlucky guy. ;)

spmdw45 likes this.
  16. Marceror

Media:
    Sure, just keep him in a perpetual state of charm. That won't mess up his psyche!

The therapy bills are going to be astronomical. Perhaps death would be better. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.