1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bad behavior

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol not really Shoshino - I just thought it might be fun to put a few old faces back up for a bit. History of thought can be thought provoking. Actually I'm hoping I didn't say anything really embarrassing in there because to tell you the truth I haven't re-read through the whole thing myself yet.

Call me reckless but I just like to keep things interesting :p. I guess I'll actually go and read the whole thing again now.

2. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Well, I haven't read the thread, just from Urithrand's post above. I like to think I have good self control, people think of us door security and think of big thugs in bomber jackest beating the $h!t out of who ever we want. But we've evolved from that image, infact we are disciplined professionals. Last weekend a guy in his 40's tried to rape a young girl in one of the disabled toilets in the club, a random person raised the alarm and 4 of us moved in to grip him, we simply restrained him until we could turn him over to police unharmed....

how many of you could have done that? We wanted to kill him, and we could have easily done it.

3. Dice

Media:
    That's good Shoshino, self control is a very respectable quality although I am sure it is also an important aspect of your profession.

4. Troy's Owner Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

my latest escapade involved payback on an idiot who carved me up in a dangerous manner on the M2 when I had my daughter in the car with me.
    By coincidence, he ended up in the inside lane, with me in the fast lane, he realised & tried to undertake me, whic make me even more pissed of at him, so I kept my car just below level with his for over 5 miles, blockin all his attempts at undertaking me again, of which there were a few, for just over 5 miles, all the while, my daughter & I were both visibly laughing at his frustration....until I finally looked over & saw the steam coming outta his ears, at which point, I couldn't help myself & started laughing hysterically, with tears actually tripping me. I eventually rose above it & drove on, but not b4 majorly p*ssing him off. Maybe he'll think twice about carving another driver so dangerously just because it was 2 girls in the car!!! :-) Btw, I am normally a very restrained person who lets most carvings on the road drift right over my head!

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ooh! Making men cry behind the wheel. You're good!

I'm not familiar with "carving" though. What does it mean to "carve another driver"? Is that the same as cutting someone off/in/up, forcing her/him to abruptly hit the breaks to avoid collision?

Troy's Owner likes this.
  6. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Sorry, but that was reckless behavior on your part, and with your daughter in the vehicle no less. It never, ever pays to engage in driving competitions with angry or reckless people or to try to enforce your idea of the laws of the road. If they are so reckless as to warrant that, you should simply let them pass, get a vehicle description and plate number, and call police.

The stakes are just too high. At best you piss them off and go on your way. So what? At worst, you (and maybe your daughter) die, because vehicles colliding or rolling over or running off the road at high speeds almost never ends well. :nono:

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gaear, this IS a thread about self-admitted bad decisions (anger management issues notwithstanding), no need to go all preachy here.

On an unrelated note: Troy's Owner, could you please post your driving schedule for the next ... year or so.... :p

Troy's Owner likes this.
  8. Gaear

Media:
    Sorry, my bad. ;)

9. Troy's Owner Gems: 1/31

Get a life & get off your soap box!

I'm sorry but did you even bother reading the whole post or were you simply too busy feeling superior & pontificating? :rolleyes:

First of all, where do you get off judging other people's parenting skills? I am, if anything actually, an extremely over protective mother & would NEVER EVER put either of my children's safety in jeopardy. :mad:

I did also make it abundantly clear that I am not the type of driver who would normally partake in this kind of behaviour & I neither invited this idiot's wreckless manner of driving & putting both our safety in jeopardy, nor did I breach any road safety rules or guidelines by doing what I did...in actual fact, my actions not only succeeded in slowing down this particular idiot's driving antics for a short while, but I also managed to prevent him from putting other driver in danger...other drivers who just might not have been as experienced, confidant or reserved as I am, especially given that I am actually an experienced rally driver, having partaken of the sport since my early 20's, with a completely clean licence for over 25 years, or who, worse still, might have had young children in their vehicle.

Just to be very clear, my daughter is not a child, she's almost 19 & is actually a very good driver herself who also knows that I am not the type of peron who normally either partakes nor condones engaging in the antics of idiot drivers but let me think...alternative courses of action??
    I would have been quite within my rights, given his actions, to have reported his antics to the police & yeah, he might have had his wrist slapped, something I sure he would have laughed off, but at least my course of action will most definitely stick in his memory & hopefully, I have pointed out to him that this kind of blatant disregard for the safety & well-being of other road users is not acceptable in any way!
    It was quite simply a harmless bit of fun that had a deeper point which was quite literally driven home! lol :grin:

OR, you could just take your own advice & when something annoys you, you could quite simply rise above it & move on or then again, just mind your own business & refrain from passing judgement on people you know absolutely nothing about, especially when it come to something as serious as questioning their parenting ethics!! :mad:

So, wise up, get a life of your own, get off your soap box or at least save your pathetic rant for someone who actually cares about your unwelcome self-righteous opinions to yourself!! :doh:

---------- Added 0 hours, 6 minutes and 39 seconds later... ----------

Hiya,
    thanks, :-) & yes, carving does mean exactly what you described, however I do have to confess that this course of action is one that I would not normally resort to.

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 2 seconds later... ----------

lol, you're quite safe, I'm not normally that reactionary but when someone else puts your child in danger by almost causing you to write off your car for no apparent safety oriented reason& then flicks you the finger when you toot your horn, everyone is bound to react eventually!!

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whoa now. Before this degenerates further and leads into rule-breaking, let's all calm down and try to be civilized. :)

11. Gaear

Media:
  12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Who'd've thunk that a thread about bad behavior would produce an example of bad behavior? :D :p

13. Troy's Owner Gems: 1/31

I am first & foremost a parent

I am a very reserved & mild mannered person, it normally takes an awful lot to provoke any kind of reaction from me & I only posted on this for a bit of fun, which was what I thought this thread was meant to be...but I am first & foremost a very loving & admittedly over-protective parent & do not take an accusation of putting my child's life in danger lightly when I clearly did not, especially when my "judge" & jury" is someone who knows absolutely nothing about me or my family.

If you read some of the earlier posts on this thread, my post was mild in comparison, maybe if I hadn't been attacked about the most important part of my life, I would not have replied so vehemently.

Yes, I could have replied a little differently, but then maybe the other member could have a little more respect for the whole ethos of chatrooms...friendly exchange of views & memories. I do appreciate that this person did accept their over-reaction when it was politely pointed out by another member, but it is a pity that the need for such an attack was not tempered with the aforementioned respect...something I always have & always will abide by in forums, I just ask for the same in return.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Certainly. And there was no rebuke in my last post, just a friendly warning to everyone to not let things get out of hand here. :)

15. Dice

Media:
    Wow, I step away from the BOM for a few days and things get interesting. Heya Troy's Owner, you seem a little new around here. Actually we are a pretty friendly community. You might have gotten a wrong impression of the people around here. Gaear and BT are very kind and respectable people, as I am sure you are as well. I'm sure if you get to know everybody around here you will see we are mostly pretty good people :).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.