1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems installing BG

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by aaa27aaa, Aug 5, 2012.

1. aaa27aaa Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

[​IMG] I just purchased a new laptop and went to install BG on it but the install keeps hanging up when I get to disc 5 (original 5 disc set). I've tried to uninstall but get an error and can't uninstall what is already done. I am running Windows 7 and installing to a c:/games/bg1. How do I go about removing what is already installed? If I get a digital copy from GoG can I install it directly over what is already on my hard drive?

Any and all info will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

2. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    Since install wasn't complete, I can't see why it shouldn't function to install the GOG version on top.
    Is there anything listed in 'software' inside the windows system control panel?
    If there is, can you uninstall from there? If no entry is listed I guess one can manually delete the bg1 folder.
    If all else fails and you really can't install it on top of the broken install you could still delete all registry entries via regedit.

edit:
    maybe your CD drive can't handle the 5th disc, have you tried another drive (if you've got more than one)?

3. aaa27aaa Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

It is listed in control panel but I can't uninstall from there. That's where the error "the log file c:bad:games\bg1\Uninst.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue''. I do not have another drive.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Maybe your disc 5 is damaged.

I won't help you any further on the subject of torrents on the forum, but I'd suggest trying to find a torrent of the 5-cd version and downloading disc 5.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.