1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Hardest "Boss"

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Chickavalier, May 4, 2005.

1. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

2. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Tanova? (sp?) The vampire-mage in Bodhi's lair, guarding the spikes room.

3. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I voted Firkraag, I remember having so much trouble with him the first time around. I didn't find Kangaxx untill I found these boards and by that time I knew how to defeat him. BTW, I usually go for tarnor the Hatchetman & Co very early, it's an easy fight if you buff and cast insect plague, greater malison, chaos, slow, fireballs etc. maybe send in a thief to backstabb one of the spellcasters beforehand and/or use poison arrows/bolts on them.

4. Uncle Spanky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

With the proper planning and a little bit of tactics Firkrag is a breeze. He's only tricky oif you rush in without any prep.

Don't think he should be on the list, but I guess some folks find him tough.

5. Shortnamed Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

So, my nifty 6 man around level 13 party got thrown into spellhood catacombs. Walked around, solved stupid riddles and kicked an vamps butt back to nirvana.

Then it happened. We threw a freaking gem into the portal and what poped out? A full grown, blodthirsty pit fiend. (Improved demons installed).

BANG!!!!! 5 Seconds after its apearance it one hittet Kelsey and clawed down Jaheira, Minsk (one hit victim) and Imoen (one hit victim)before we could cast p-from evil.

The 2 remaining Clerics (me and anomen) mauled it with their Hammers but suddenly it gated in another fiend.

With our truesights running out, we were hard pressed to clobber them down in time, they always ran away invisible for some seconds till ts refreshed and healed a bit. In the end we sent 7 (!) of em back to Hell.

The Demon did hit us with 500-999 damage in the beginning.

That was my first encounter with improved Demons.

Major OUCH.

^^

Without these handy Area prot from evil spell, that thing would have eaten us in a matter of seconds.

Ok, Demons arent Bosses per se, but hey, they almost do feel like bosses. (specialy with a freaking lich dispelling your prot from evil.

Thx shangalar...

6. Aslyn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I play on Insane and Frikrag always gives me heck! also the shadow dragon in the temple ruins is a pain but hes nothing comapred to frikrag

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The bosses listed were all tough at the beginning. After you figure a way to beat them, it's all ice cream and lollipops.

I voted 'Other', simply because I abso-smurfly hate one creature - the undead. Be they zombies, skeletons, vampires, liches, mummies, etc. I've always had a pension to get drained, magiked or generally beat to death by them. Never liked them in any D&D/role-playing game I ever played. Usually because of their immunities. Way too much information for my wee little brain to contemplate! :rolleyes:

As for Tactics, I've not and never will play that mod. Weimer makes it too hard for me to just enjoy playing. Apparently, some of his buffed-up monsters (bosses or what have you) can cast spells no matter what you do to disable them - Insect Plague/Creeping Doom. They're using 'scrolls' which can't be disrupted. How much fun do you get by constantly reloading? :wail:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.