1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Currently hooked again on: Thief 1+2 and System Shock 2.
    There is much awesomeness in those. Haven't played Thief 1+2 in ages.

All games tuned to wide-screen and some fancy post processing. Along with sharper textures.

Atmosphere makes you head spin.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Making my first true run at Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'm finding that I like playing Imperial better than Republic.

I'm still getting time in for Diablo III and the Mahjongg game that came with Windows 7 as a time waster...

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Playing BG and IWD2 at the moment.

Got my solo half-orc F/Assassin through BG and into BG2. Interestingly, this was actually pretty much the easiest time I've had of it to beat Sarevok. Three invisibility potions later and he was gone. Fighter/thief combinations are one of the easiest to solo, but I already knew that. Being an assassin, skill points are kind of scarce, which makes stealthing a bit more difficult, but at least soloing makes my level increase fast.

BG2 has been pretty easy so far as well - got most of the liches in Athkatla already, went to the planar prison which was kind of hairy for a bit, picked Bodhi's side and am now visiting the Underdark.

In IWD2 I've only just gotten passed the Shaerngarn Bridge. I've only got a team of two at the moment, and so my cleric already got to a high enough level to cast animate dead before getting to the bridge. That really made my life a lot easier - those are some powerful summons, especially for a third level spell.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Borderlands was on special on Steam over the weekend, and I went for it. I'm enjoying it so far. For $7.49 US it was a good buy.

5. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just finished Lord of the Rings: War in the north. Co-op split-screen with a friend. GREAT fun. Allthough i don`t think its half as fun single player.

6. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

I finally got myself to play Dragon Age 2. Surprisingly it has been better than I expected. Even quite enjoyable at some points. Of course it is an obvious rush job with a lot of issues. But at least I do not have to bite my teeth to finish it as was the case with NWN + exps catastrophe.

7. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Finally finished KOTOR2, after the Restored Content expansion was released (v1.8).

So many gamebreaking bugs in one game (caused me to stop playing years ago), never seen anything like it. But it is over. Great story btw.

Next up is Witcher 2. Already months past finishing part 1, so I hope I still remember the context.

8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just beat IWD2 again last night in normal mode. I'm considering doing a HoF runthrough, but am thinking about ways that I can reduce some of the monotony of that play option. I get bored of having to buff like it's the battle of the year just because there's a group of orcs in my way. It also bothers me that AC isn't really important... so I want to find some ways to make HoF play out in a more traditional way. I have some ideas, but need to field test.

9. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

I'm playing through Dark Souls at the moment. Absolutely fantastic action RPG. All levelling, purchases and item upgrades are done through souls which you get by defeating enemies. Combining experience and gold is actually a really good way of trading off where you improve.

Oh, and the main thing about the game is that it is HARD. The official website for it is preparetodie.com for goodness sake! You just die repeatedly over and over again and everything in the game is out to get you. Restarting from the last bonfire (checkpoint) is no big deal though. And there's a really clever mechanic in that the souls you had when you die stay there so if you manage to get back to them you get them back. Die again on the way there though and they're gone for good. Really frustrating at times.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Played Quantum Conundrum over the long weekend. It's a puzzle game in the same vein as Portal, only instead of a Portal device you have an IDS (InterDimensional Shift) device that allows you to instantaneously shift between up to four different dimensions which affect how objects in the world behave.

There's the Fluffy dimension that makes things lighter so you can for example pick up a safe and move it around.

There's the Heavy dimension that makes things heavier/denser which allows them to resist laser beams and allows (for example) a cardboard box to trigger a scale switch that requires something you normally can't pick up.

There's the Slow dimension where everything moves in slow motion like time slowed down.

And finally the Reverse Gravity dimension which does what it says: Things fall up instead of down.

A lot of fun! Anyone else play it? :)

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Guild Wars 2 has arrived

12. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Gears of War 3 online. Yes. i admit it! I like some shooters too!

13. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's time for... INQUISITOR!

14. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Playing Torchlight 2 and loving it! Especially after the failure that was Diablo 3 :p. Only complaint I have is that it's seriously giving me the itch for Diablo 2... Must... resist...

15. Marceror

Media:
    Is the temptation to go back to D2 because Torchlight 2 is so similar, but inferior in some way? Why aren't you happy just to continue playing your shiny new game?

16. FlipperX Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Soon

[​IMG] I am getting ready to try and play Icewind Dale. First though I will be reading all of the guides that I come across to be as prepared as I can be. I usually do that with virtually every game I play--if I can, if it has a guide.:) Now...as for my wife, her 2 most recent games that she has been playing are: Titan Quest-Immortal Throne and LOTR-Return of the King. She was having problems with Titan Quest though. The screen wanted go black every once in awhile, and it would also even just go out of the game and she's have to click on icon again to bring it back to what she was doing. Does anyone know of how we could fix that? The other game she was play- that LOTR one, she really enjoyed that and starting whipping butt after at first struggling mightily, lol.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lately been playing SpaceChem. It's a puzzler where you "program" machines to produce a specified molecule using inputs of other molecules or atoms. The program controls the direction of movement and possible commands (like input, grab/drop, rotate, bond, fuse, output etc.) for a pair of waldos along a two-dimensional grid (8x10 I think?). Really works out your visual-spatial ablilities!

18. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just misclicked in BG2 when I wanted to load a game and then I noticed for the first time that this game actually has a tutorial :roll:

19. Marceror

Media:
    No gaming at all for me recently. Just too busy, I guess. It remains to be seen if I'll go much further in Inquisitor. I enjoyed Acts I and II, but I'm finding Act III to be somewhat torturous. Everything is so much bigger in this act, but not really for any good reason. The game has been feeling rather tedious.

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Slowly making my way through my first game of Dragon Age: Origins. I'm finding it a lot harder than BG2 - battles seem to be much more tactical. With a melee-heavy party in BG2, it was pretty easy just to send the group in and let them do their thing. DA:O requires considerably more micro-managing; normally this would annoy me, but with a smaller party than in BG, it's not so bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.