1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug fixing

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by MindChild, Jul 15, 2005.

1. MindChild

MindChild Science should not set limits to imagination Resourceful Veteran

well, since i dont have the gog version, i cant write the code into it. i would have to see the diff between iwd2.exe of both versions.

Well arent you in luck? Tal should (by now) have gotten the download update to sorcerers.net. I guess the real question is has someone tried finesse with that version lately?

In either case, i dont have access to my normal dev box (read: super [old but working] computer i use to code [and play old games]) until november...so any changes to the stuff until then will be strictly untested ;)

If someone with the GOG version wants to shoot me a PM so i can get with them on working out a fix, by all means lets get a compatible patch.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Everything on SP should have been updated a long time ago but let me know if I've missed anything...

3. MindChild

ok so it seems like the only difference (as i thought) was the GOG exe uses a no-cd "patched" exe (the no-cd cracks applied to the CD version make the exe's identical)

This makes my job easy as i dont have to re-engineer all my changes :D
    and if this really is an approved modification to the exe, i can enable that 'feature' :p

i am waiting to take a look at a 2nd copy of the gog exe to ensure i didnt mix em up somewhere. once confirmed, i can work on making a compatible patcher.

edit: yep, the difference between CD copy and GOG version is the no-cd "patch" (;))...thats it.
    edit2: ok GOG folks, you're all set, see first post

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    Ineth likes this.
  4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Does anyone know what fixes are "automatic" when this is installed? Or do you have to manually make these changes? I have edited icewind2.ini to up the starting stat points to 24. Simple enough. Are these changes as easy?

5. MindChild

most changes are that easy. the druid spontaneous cast is not. the removed xp cap also is not.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Tinkered around with this last night. Sweet stuff. I tried to utilize some type of your fixes for most characters in the party. Both Paladin Fixes are working fine as is the Monk Wis AC bonus w/Robes fix.

I am at a loss when it comes down to the Druid spontaneous casting feature. What exactly is needed to get this activated? Could you give a step by step instruction?

7. roshan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm getting a "the file to patch has an invalid checksum" error. Here's my WEIDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~SETUP-B0SW1H51.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item B0SW1H51 - Celestial Fury
    ~SETUP-BBBKBG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBBKBG1, BBBKBG2, BBBKBG3, BBBKBG4, BBBKBG5, BBBKBG6, BBBKBG7, BBBKBG8, BBBKBG9 - Book Bag
    ~SETUP-BBCLKBL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBCLKBL - Cloak of Blending
    ~SETUP-BBCRPL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBCRPL - Crate of Planar Rest
    ~SETUP-BBDAGCM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBDAGCM - Claw of Meerclar (Dagger)
    ~SETUP-BBHLMBR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBHLMBR - Helm of Brilliance
    ~SETUP-BBHLMDR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBHLMDR - Helm of Dragon Scales
    ~SETUP-BBPCKTR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBPCKTR - Pocket Transmuter
    ~SETUP-BBQUIV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBQUIV1, BBQUIV2, BBQUIV3, BBQUIV4, BBQUIV5, BBQUIV6, BBQUIV7, BBQUIV8, BBQUIV9 - Quiver
    ~SETUP-BBQUIVB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBQUIVB1, BBQUIVB2, BBQUIVB3, BBQUIVB4, BBQUIVB5, BBQUIVB6, BBQUIVB7, BBQUIVB8, BBQUIVB9 - Bolt Quiver
    ~SETUP-BBQUIVC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBQUIVC1, BBQUIVC2, BBQUIVC3, BBQUIVC4, BBQUIVC5, BBQUIVC6, BBQUIVC7, BBQUIVC8, BBQUIVC9 - Ammunition Belt
    ~SETUP-BBRNGEST.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBRNGEST - Bright Evening Star
    ~SETUP-BBRNGNF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBRNGNF - Ring of Natural Form
    ~SETUP-BBRNGOC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBRNGOC - Ring of Over-Compensation
    ~SETUP-BBRNGTEL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBRNGTEL - Ring of Teleportation
    ~SETUP-BBRPENT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBRPENT - Rope of Entanglement
    ~SETUP-BBSCARDR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBSCARDR - Scimitar of the Arch-Druid
    ~SETUP-BBSHLFR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBSHLFR - Hellfire Sword
    ~SETUP-BBSTAF11.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBSTAF11 - Staff of the Archmagi
    ~SETUP-BBSW1H51.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBSW1H51 - Celestial Storm
    ~SETUP-BBSW1NDL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of Item BBSW1NDL - Needle
    ~SETUP-IWD2-AMMO-V1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bottomless bags
    ~SETUP-IWD2-AMMO-V1.TP2~ #0 #1 // Ammo belts
    ~SETUP-IWD2-AMMO-V1.TP2~ #0 #2 // Ammo belt available in Henghelm's store
    ~SETUP-IWD2-AMMO-V1.TP2~ #0 #3 // Ammo belt available in Gallaway's store
    ~SETUP-IWD2-AMMO-V1.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ammo belt available in Artemus store
    ~SETUP-IWD2-AMMO-V1.TP2~ #0 #5 // Ammo belt available in Beodaewn's store
    ~SETUP-IWD2-AMMO-V1.TP2~ #0 #6 // Ammo belt available in Tahvo's store
    ~SETUP-IWD2-AMMO-V1.TP2~ #0 #7 // Ammo belt available in Conlan's store
    ~SETUP-COMSTORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // comstore
    ~SETUP-MERCHANT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bonus Merchant for IWD2
    ~SETUP-TARGOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Undead Targos
    ~SETUP-TARGOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Torak
    ~SETUP-LOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Class Upgrades
    ~SETUP-LOS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Light of Selune MOD
    ~SETUP-TACTICS4IWD2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tactics4IWD2 Core
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #400 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #700 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #800 // Staff, Club, and Sling Sellability: v2.2
    ~IWD2TWEAKS/SETUP-IWD2TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Magically Created Weapons Have Zero Weigth: v2.2
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bugfixes
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Non-Combat War Chant of the Sith
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #5 // No-Fists for Iron Body
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Deep Gnome Starting XP
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Collector's Edition Bonus Items
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Non-Linear Teleportation
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Include Forgotten Armor and Shields
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Additional Druid Spells
    ~SETUP-IWD2-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Skip Battle Square
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #107 // 1ppv4: Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Icewind Dale II
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #112 // 1ppv4: Thieves Galore -> IWDII - Unique Thief Avatars
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #113 // 1ppv4: Smart Avatar & Armour Switching
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #203 // 1ppv4: Restored flame sword animations
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #204 // 1ppv4: Colourable Quarterstaves
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #205 // 1ppv4: Legacy Shields
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #206 // 1ppv4: Additional Shield Animations (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #207 // 1ppv4: Wizards' Staves (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #208 // 1ppv4: Additional Helmet Animations (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #209 // 1ppv4: Attachable wings (core)
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #400 // 1ppv4: Core updates and item patches
    ~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes

Could it be due to 1PP? If I install this before 1PP, will it work???

8. MindChild

i don't believe this is due to a conflict with 1pp. It doesn't look like it edits the iwd2.exe file, which is what's wrong. Did you use the right patch file?

9. roshan Gems: 2/31

Yes, I did! This time I installed the mod first, before any others, and it worked fine. So I suppose one of the mods may have made a small change to the EXE....

Mindchild, you mentioned earlier that you created some custom feats for IWD2? Is it possible that you might release these feats one fay for others to use???

:)

MindChild likes this.
  10. MindChild

Thank you for testing...i think i may have to find out where the version is stored and just have that checked as the CRC check is causing too many problems...*grumble*

No, the feats were proof of concept only. i didn't do much testing with them.

It's not unthinkable to do most things with feats...as long as the location for that "thing" is found. I tried a few things (attack and or damage based on wisdom, dexterity based attack speed modifier, etc) and most of them worked as expected but in the form i tested, would be quite overpowered.

roshan likes this.
  11. roshan Gems: 2/31

I wish someone could make a pack of some basic 3.5E feats that can be added to the game, to make the selection more tactical and balance out some underpowered classes. Off the top of my head, some feats I've seen in other games that could reasonably be implemented in IWD2:

I'd love to see some additional feats implemented such as improved weapon specialization (additional +2 DAM), improved weapon focus (additional +1 BAB) which could make fighters much more useful at higher levels.

Also, perhaps improved dual wield feats which give bonuses to AC, maybe rangers can get them free at higher levels, would really help to balance out the class as they really get nothing at higher levels, right now they're only worth it for the first level taken.

And also feats like Great Strenght (+1 STR) and for the other stats as well!

And maybe spell focus for Conjuration spells, wonder why they didn't implement that? Lots of offensive Conjurations, so why no spell focus in it? There's only for necromancy, enchantment and invocation.

12. Barbor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello,

I've been trying to get this to work but for some reason it doesn't. First of all, whenever I've tried running Quinja patcher I'm getting spammed with virus warnings from Comodo. I'm assuming these are false positives?

Second, when the patcher has actually opened I can put in the 'File to patch' and 'Patch File' lines but there is no button anywhere that says "Apply" anywhere so I cannot actually run it =/
    Edit: Doh, changing DPI on computer did it :p

Getting the same checksum error as roshan now, tried it with a fresh install but no success. I'm using the gamersgate D&D Anthology version which I believe is the GoG version (It has a goggame.dll) and vista 32 bit.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  13. MindChild

ok, well..hrmph

i programmed my own patcher...it doesnt check CRCs only file versions and change locations (so it doesnt overwrite something else)

try this...let me know how it works.
    Code:
    (patcher only)
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxu7DFeKfYs5SXpEMUt1VGgxVW8 

virustotal scan:
    https://www.virustotal.com/file/5526beb743c75ade43faacc6086020e891cd8d4d264e7a62031c310fe5cc31eb/analysis/1357364261/  

Barbor likes this.
  14. Barbor Gems: 1/31

Worked like a charm, thanks alot!

Also send a false positive report to comodo, not sure what good it'll do but hopefully it helps :)

15. roshan Gems: 2/31

Hi Mindchild, using your mod, I applied your mod right after patching the game with the official patch, then installed mods afterwards. the Druid spontaneous casting works perfectly fine, but when I try spontaneous casting with my clerics (both good and evil ones), it crashes the game. :(

The following are the mods I installed:

---------- Added 11 hours, 36 minutes and 7 seconds later... ----------

I started with a clean install, made sure cleric spontaneous casting was working, then applied your mod, nothing else on top of it. I still get a CTD when I try to spontaneously cast with my cleric. I used your new patcher instead of the old one that came with the mod. This is the info Windows gives regarding the CTD:

It used to work fine, perhaps you have overlooked something this version?

---------- Added 9 hours, 56 minutes and 56 seconds later... ----------

Dis some more testing - turning off DruidCast in the config fixes the problem, so currently, I have to choose between cleric and druid spontaneous casting.

16. MindChild

edit - -
    ok, really fubarred...what happened? did it ever work?

got it kinda working...spell level isnt working yet, need to look into that a little more...going to bed. maybe i'll have more time to look at it this weekend...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  17. roshan Gems: 2/31

I think I played your mod around a year or more ago, and the spontaneous casting worked fine, both clerics and druids, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for taking a look at this! :)

18. MindChild

try this:
    Code:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxu7DFeKfYs5S1JrcVBoQ2w0RVE

yeah, figured out the problem...i had forgotton a fundamental rule about std calls...ECX,EAX,EDX aren't protected through a call...thus when i used ECX afterwords...if it compiled to use ecx, it wouldnt work (the fact that druid works was a stroke of luck).

Easy fix on a fresh brain...i just hope vs2008 express didnt break any of the other functions...

probably about time for a refresh anyway...

Update: ok, so i need someone to double check something for me...

I've moved the feat requirement checks to a 2da file...
    As such, i have had to hand type the requirements into the file and program something to read these requirements.

If someone is willing to test what i have and look over the file to make sure i didn't miss something, it would help :)

PM if you can help
    Thx

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  19. beerbeer Gems: 1/31

Still having trouble installing with GOG version

OK, so I've read this thread a few times right up to the part where you say "ok GOG folks, you're all set, see first post" and I still don't see how to fix the problem.

How do I implement/remove the "no CD crack" to get this mod to work with the GOG version?

Thanks,

-Computer Illiterate Itching To Use Mod

20. MindChild

There is a separate patch for GOG users now. or you could try to download the patcher in post #93 as it should work on either version.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.