1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underdark? What the...?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Orkrist the Cleaver, May 31, 2001.

1. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I just got to the underdark, and I've decided to use a walkthrough for sure. There was a gate with an air elemental and they kept coming and coming, so I killed them all and then I came upon a group of drow that wanted to destroy me and were tough. So, back to the auto save when I entered the region. Any general tips? Not necessarily spoilers though, thanks.

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If your not ready, then build up your party some more. It is a tough area. There is a place to rest and restock, so find it early.
    Mini-SPOILER
    Among other things, you will need to face Gauths, Beholders, Mind Flayers, Elementals and Drow. All tough. The drow part is resolved without much combat, mostly intrigue.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You don't need a walkthrough; there's only one or two groups of Drow that you need to fight in the main cavern and only one of them is very difficult. The one with the 6 or 7 Drow in a wedge formation is tough because there are many spell casters (mages and priests). Fight the easier group first and get their fantastic armor... :)

4. Avooch Dar Guest

To fight the big groups it is best to use area of effect spells. Cloudkill and web cast together aswell as the occaisional fireball works surprisingly well.
    Just take off the AI and give everyone apart from your tank a missile weapon.
    Pound the Drow b***ers and anyone who emerges from the are of effect meets the tank.
    SEND THOSE OVERGROWN PIXIES BACK TO HELL!!!

5. Dauntalus Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I wouldn't go to overboard with spells, they have a fairly high MR.

6. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

my 4 hasted berserkers were so happy they had something to slash up :D

the only thing that works decently on them is brute force!

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Spoiler

About the portals, the elementals come from some other place through the portal again and again. You can stop it by killing them when not close to the portal (and not come back there again) or when free the Imprisoned Mage neer the Earth Elemental portal (with a freedom-spell, that can be bought from the duergar.)

And indeed you don't need a walkthrough, all quests with explanation are given here ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.