1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blade

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kidd, May 27, 2001.

1. Kidd Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Just what do Blade's Bard song do? I turn on Her'delis (or whatever his name is) Bard song and it did absolutely nothing for my stats (or i overlooked something).

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Before you posted that question, you could try to create a new hero with class blade and read his abilities or search it in the manual.

I don't know what it really does - I never used it with Haer'Dalis. And I don't care.

3. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

i think it raises party moral..or something....

4. Kidd Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The Kit expalntion tells me nothing, it just says:
    Bard song does not get better with level...

So what exactly does the song do? It doesnt give AC bonuses or Hit bonuses like my Skald.

5. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

right:

"While the song is playing, party morale and luck is higher. The better the bard (higher level), the larger the morale and luck improvement for the party. (luck decreases the attack rolls and damage caused by enemies)."

thats what the handbook says about bard songs. with blades however, the songs do not get better with level :)

[This message has been edited by Spudsquisher (edited May 27, 2001).]

6. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

I should go for that skald :D much bonusses

7. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Skald's songs are better than normal bards. Give you better THAC0 i think.

8. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

kevlar reads the manual out loud:
    The Nordic bard is also a warrior of great strenght, skill and virtue . His song are inspiring sagas of battle and valor and the Skald devotes his life to those pursuits
    bonuses to AC, THACO and morale

just to be sure :D

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I can recomment theese links for those interested in Bards.

A post asking how to play a blade http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000604.html

a poll where the Blade was suggested to be the best Vs. other kits http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000738.html

Explore possibilities of a skald http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002183.html

Someone going crazy about skald-mathematics http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002329.html

Bard chat for those dedicated http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002539.html

That was my 15 minutes of Xvart-help :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.