1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Must be the Holiday weekend--Only one post in the last 25 hours...

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Indeed. had a week off, and that means maintenance.

Leaking shed-roof with rotten wood as a result. Repaired the wood, painted the wood, and replaced the roofing. It is a big double shed, in a sense not a shed any more.

Worked in the morning until the tennis started.

Bye Nadal, almost Federer.

Today watched Serena go all the way, 9/7 in the third. She is my favourite female player. Murray with the men.

I always watch it on the BBC, and not on Dutch broadcasting. the commentary is better. JPM and BB

---------- Added 2 hours, 30 minutes and 28 seconds later... ----------

The human mind is a wonder. I always place the bottle with orchid plant food on top of the cupboard. The last time I did not. Without looking I picked up the bottle from its odd place.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Indeed, a happy day to all my fellow countrymen.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Also, 1st of July was "Keti Koti", meaning something like Broken Shackles in Sranang (2nd and unofficial language in Surinam). In Surinam and the Dutch Antilles, slavery was abolished on July 1st, 1863.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    I really need somebody to tell me all this agonizing job search will amount to something concrete. I don't care if it's not sincere, really.

I think I will clean up my closet today; it's full of useless stuff and clothe that I don't use any more. Gotta keep busy or I'll go insane !

edit: Hhmmm coffee tastes weird, maybe I need to clean the coffee maker...

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Of course it will; unless of course you plan to be jobless for the rest of your life... ;)

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yah Flix just keep looking and something will come about for you. And a happy belated Canada Day back to the fellow Canadians - I not in the vicinity of internet yesterday so I couldn't write it then. On the upside I did see a beaver and heard what might have been a moose or a bear.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm NOT gonna respond with something that should be said only in the MUG.

I hope you had a nice week, Dice! :)

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah Dice; what were you doing looking at beavers?! :lol:

11. Dice

Media:
    OK guys, we're talking about the large rodent type animals that swim around and chew down trees just to be clear here. We were at my moms house for a few days and she lives in the middle of a substantial amount of wilderness. :p

12. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I got the job!

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    We thought you would stay silent as we agreed... You aren't backing out of our little agreement now, are you?

14. Dice

Media:
    @ Vorona - Congrats

15. Ofelix

Media:
    @Verona; good for you ! Go you !

Dum Dum Duuuuuuum :p sorry couldn't resist. Since I'm affected by this conspiracy by the aforementioned computer ghosts can I get in ? I always (kinda) wanted a life of cloak and daggers, briefcases in dark alleys, coded messages in classified adds. Y'know fun stuff. :D

I cleaned the coffee maker, goddamn was it dirty, disgustingly dirty, "oh god I drank from that I need mouthwash now" dirty. Urrk, at least now it's clean and coffee tastes better...

The job search continues (yeah it's getting old even for me, I'm gonna stop annoying you with that), I came across one that only accepted applicant through fax, no phone number, no email address, no nothing except the fax number -- what is this the middle ages ?! What kind of business doesn't have an email address ?

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Probably not a legit one...

17. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Yeah, sounds pretty shady to me, too . . . maybe you got your wish ("a life of cloak and daggers, briefcases in dark alleys, coded messages in classified adds")? Time to put those decoding skills to use. Maybe the request for a fax means something, and once you know what it means, you can break the whole thing wide open!

Or maybe my imagination just got the better of me. I'm still half-terrified, half-delirious about the job. It's a really good one, and I'm finding it a little overwhelming. There's a part of me thinking: Did this amazing school really pick me?? Really? I mean, they have Socratic book discussions of literature every 2 weeks! And 2 weeks of training before school starts!

(But what's this nonsense of school starting July 23??? And that two weeks ahead of time, that doesn't really mean I start next Monday, does it? Eek!)

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Haven't ventures outside yet, but I suspect that there could be more thunderstorms today. My internet connection is slow this morning.

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Which grade will you teach again ? I remember reading Socrates, but like, in college, not high school. Thing is about Socrates is we've lost most of his direct work, the "Socratic Dialogue" were actually written by his disciples, Plato and Xenophon, so who's to say they're accurate ?

20. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Got the job. Nice.

Ofelix, the road is unsteady, narrow and long. And you need to be lucky. Even If you have a job you wonder how long it will last. Especially when 40 rises and the bulk is physical labour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.