1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo III launch

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 & 4' started by Blades of Vanatar, May 16, 2012.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My barbarian has to get into the face of the Skeleton King to hurt him, so I do. It then takes one shot to go from full health to dead. I'm currently working onf getting better armour and have started looking for physical resistance. My passive skills have been all about maxing out the damage I do. Perhaps that's where to look. Perhaps looking at increasinf defence might be a way to go for that fight.

But on the NA servers, buyout prices are rare to find, and most of the items that have a buyout option set it absurdly high. As a result, I find myself babysitting auctions when they get close to make sure that someone doesn't swoop in at the last minute and buy the item I was hoping to get.

2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't bid on items until you're 60. Chances are by the time you get that item your character will have outgrown it or found a nicer one. Pre-60 items are very cheap, I suggest you set 5k-10k as your max buyout price. Don't worry about resistances until after nightmare. Stack vitality instead, and choose more defensive skills/passives.

There is one other cheap, some would even call it cheesy way of buffing up your character pre-Hell. Simply buy the best socketed items you can find - the more sockets the better - then search the AH for Flawless Square gems. They're incredibly cheap, only 300 gold or so last I checked. Best take advantage of this before Blizzard realizes that they've forgotten to put level requirements on gems.

As for the Skeleton King, just pay attention to when he holds up his weapon like he's standing on the home plate ready for the pitch. That's your cue to disengage.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Inferno is ridiculous. If anything hits my Demon Hunter, he's dead. Simple as. I'm a bit stuck. I have no money to buy new gear, and playing my guy on Inferno just leaves me with huge repair bills. Guess I could farm Hell for a bit...

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Sounds like I'd be intolerably stuck with only paying 5 to 10 k on a buyout. Right now, the only good stuff I get is what I bid on, because I sure as hell don't find anything worthwhile when I kill mobs. Everyone else is finding it and putting it on the auctionhouse without a buyout price and trying to get enough money to further flood the gold market...

I'll have to revisit my Barbarian today. I did get some gear, and with a few changes in my skills, I just might make it past the Skeleton king.

I'm also wondering how far back I should go if one of my characters does get stuck if I want to farm a bit with them. Right now, my first 5 characters are all stalled in places, three with a battle they haven't been able to make it past, the other two in an area where they die way too many times...

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As a reminder, D3 has a full forum here now and it's past "launch", so can you guys start making separate threads to discuss different topics instead of posting it all here in one thread? Please do.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.