1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 116

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Do you mix languages when you write things. I like to write short stories in both English and Dutch and always seem to mix things.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 27 seconds later... ----------

Big show-off walking the Kili like that. You have all sorts.

2. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@Dice
    No, he has not been fixed. Seemed like a dirty trick living as far out as we do. He left again this am after saying hello to mom when she got up. I think he has a girlfriend, little envy here! My big cat never came back from his last travel so we worry about Skippy if he's gone too long. Good luck on the job hunt may one you like fall into your lap.

@Montresor
    Too true! One thing though if a cat likes you he is a true friend with many hellos and no goodbys.

@Shaman
    You can do much more than you think. This I do believe.

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well my wet weather luck fell short by about 2 minutes today. The trip from my bus-stop back to home was a mad wet dash :p.

4. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I will not say someones all wet, ooops...could not stop myself! :-/

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Woo Hoo! Martian Dreams and Savage Empire are both FREE at GOG! These are the "Ultima Worlds of Adventure" games -- old and dated but awesome games. Martian Dreams was one of the most interesting story lines I've even seen in a game. I put it on par with BG and Ultima VII.

6. Old One

@T2Bruno
    For my part,thanks. Found them and joined. Later download and try.

7. Dice

Media:
    HA! I remember Ultima games. I'm not sure they would have the same appeal for me now that they had back then though.

@ Old One :p - Naw, I ran fast.

8. Old One

Dice has new superpower......rain drop dodge +3!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Wow...it's been years since I browsed these boards. Nice to see there's a random babbling thread still on! :D

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Awesome. I was tasked to write requirement specifications for a software tool, and finished it on schedule, and to general satisfaction. Now that I was supposedly finished, everybody who hadn't heard of it, or didn't care to listen, tries to jump on board, resulting in additional requirements that require a more or less complete rewriting that will kill my deadline.

Only way to keep my schedule is to get these changes implemented in a later revision and have them wait. Serves 'em. Except of course, our company's usual madness kicks in and it will have to be implemented anyway, immediately, by me of course, resulting in a night shift or two.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Tried to get some work done before it got too hot. It was close. I got the job done, but man was I ever glad to get back into the Air Conditioning. And that was at 8 am this morning! I'm glad we're not doing hay again until next week...

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's a scorching sauna outside here too. 34° in the shade currently. I really feel for anyone who has to work outside in these conditions.

14. Old One

Ya know it's funny, we have been high 50s to low 60s at night and not more than lo to mid 8os during the day. Windows open at night.

Taluntain, thanks for the link.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    After almost two weeks I've regain a normal sleep pattern, no more going to bed at 3 and waking up four hours later. It's amazing how something as simple as sleep can have such a huge impact in life. Still searching for jobs, applied to five this morning alone. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go and drool over the new Dawnguard (Skyrim's first DLC) trailer for billionth time. -- More reason to want a job ! :hahaerr:

16. Old One

Back again and no bad penny comments!
    Fell asleep for hours and when I stumbled out mom said Skippy had visited with her all afternoon sitting/laying on the floor looking at her. I didn't want to disappoint by telling her he was trying to get fed and left in displeasure after he was not. I was told about it when he got home awhile ago. He sat on the counter yowling as only a cat can do untill I gave him his meat. He's still pissed, won't even look my way.

Good luck all looking for Jobs. Read a lot of comments on the subject and hope everyone finds work.

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks!

While I'm looking for work, my cousin is taking a holiday and touring through the Rocky Mountains from Yellowstone, Wyoming to Jasper, Alberta on a bicycle. I wonder if he's gonna write a book about it, like his bicycle tour from Miami to San Francisco.

Sometimes his travel are really tough, but I envy the guy! Some of those places are wonderful and his book was hilarious. I wonder where he found the time and money to do that.

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Just looking outside it appears that today will be another good day to sit in the air conditioned house. Diablo, sorry about your luck...

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    We got within inches of beating Saruman yesterday. Blast it. One sloppy move by a player (not me this time around ;) ) and it sets in motion a cascade of deaths that result in a complete wipe within a minute or so. Rez-cooldowns then mandate a pause before re-starting is feasible. The big plus is that we get into the final phase reliably now. It is just a matter of time.

Saruman, I gonna get you! :1eye:

20. Dice

Media:
    @ Old One - Yah cats will sure let you know if they are hungry, and if they are mad at you :p.

@ Mon - I have been to Jasper, and other places in the Rocky Mountains. My mom and I used to go to artists camps there when I was young. Your cousin will be able to take many beautiful pictures in the Rocky's.

@ Gnarf - It hasn't gotten hot enough here yet to warrant an air-conditioner. Which is good since I don't have one anyway. :p

@ Ragusa - Good luck on the evil eye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.