1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laser Eye Surgery

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Seems we don't have to pick on your big nose after all. :p

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    If I could actually read what that said mate, I might be very offended...

Nah in all seriousness, it's the best money I've ever spent. I'm so glad I did it, and would recommend it to anyone.

3. gener1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

After 2 Cateract surgeries with no problems It's loke a miricle, I developed secondary cataeact's and had to have Zag Lasers and it was like miracles all over again. 20 20 again.

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Glad it worked out for you... even if it took multiple surgeries.

Wow, long time lurker I see. Congratulations on your first post since Jan 2005! :)

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow that must be some sort of record!

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm sure he'll be back in another 6 years to reply to this. Talk to you in 2017 gener1! :p

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I've... considered laser surgery, but so far haven't had the funds and time for it. Right now my eyes are at about -8/-10, with astigmatism in both. However, I think they might still be growing (I work at a computer and then stay in front of another one at home), so I'd prefer it if my eyesight stabilized before I try anything.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Easter Monday: Jesus' resurrected. I thought this to be a day of legally bringing back threads from the dead. :p

(I was seriously wondering, though: )
    How's them eyes, Barms? Still glad you did it? Any "sight-effects"?

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Amazing mate. Best thing I ever did. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. It's like someone has taken away an old fat telly and replaced it with a HD TV! And no side effects at all pal. Just loads better vision.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

10. fastfritz Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Last week I went with my wife to lend moral support while she had her eye surgery. I was waiting in the waiting area, watching TV when I noticed the closed captions running across the bottom of the screen. I looked around the room and saw that most people had black eye patches or black out glasses. I thought HOW IRONIC, kind of like having the sound turned very low at a hearing aid clinic.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    That's because ones eyes are quite sore and VERY sensitive to light for a few hours after the treatment. I took sunglasses, but they were nowhere near dark enough and I couldn't wait to just get home and go to bed! Once a few hours have passed though, it's hunky dory!

12. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

I didn't have Lasik but I had PRK. I was able to get it for free cause i'm in the military. The procedure was quick and pretty painless. The worst part was the light sensitivity but that goes away gradually.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.