1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Marvel's Avengers. Cinema or not.

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Merlanni, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Saw it in Imax. And it was what it is suppose to be.

Not to much story, but still a plot. A small one, but enough.

Over the top action but not so much that it hurts and you want to cry.

Only one set of boobies and she keeps her clothes on.

Special effects-budget is adequate.

Actors perform as needed.

So yes, this one is you can see and pay for. A pity to watch it on TV. This is a cinema film.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Can't believe it opened in NZ before USA. Opened here on 25 April. Go NZ!

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Hulk stole the show.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well worth watching. It revolutionizes comic relief in action movies. In Avengers the comic relief is actually funny without being silly.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Really want to see it in the cinema... really don't wanna see it in 3D. Decisions, decisions... :p

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I saw it in 3d and I really do not see the point. It was done well but it just doesn't do anything for me. Having to wear silly glasses and having to strain my eyes is a real bother. My biggest peeve is that I lose suspense when I see some cool 3d effect. I find myself tracking 3d instead of losing myself in the movie.

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Scarlett Johanssons bum in 3D was worth the extra i had to pay for glasses :p

Harbourboy likes this.
  8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Do she and that Hawkeye dude have any super powers? I never understood how you could expect regular people to really contribute anything meaningful to a group that has a god and a giant monster.

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

LKD don't do 3D. I get headaches from it.

Hawkeye has the skills to hold his own even among those with super powers. Kinda like Batman. Same thing with Black Widow. She has tech as well, IIRC. In the old Marvel Super Heroes role playing game, they were both classified as "Hi-Tech Wonders". I think it shows big nuts to go up against the likes of Loki, Ultron, Kang, Graviton, and such with nothing more than skill, will, and some gadgets.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I've seen the movie twice now and OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG!!!!! just about sums it up for me. I intend to see it several times more and not just because of Hawkeye's arms or the posterior department of the Widow & Captain America ;)

Seriously, I don't remember the last time a film made me laugh, cry, and scream in the cinema like Avengers did. I've been completely overwhelmed.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Like that weaner Batman, you mean? The guy who regularly gets voted as most powerful superhero of them all?

12. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Yes, exactly. Batman is an utter toad compared to Superman. And no amount of positive attitude or gadgetry will make you prevail against an immortal/monster/most-uber-being-of-all-existence, LKD. ;)

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Logically, that is true. Yet in the comics and cartoons, batman faces down fricking Darkseid. Hawkeye has been an integral member of teams that have taken down some of the toughest enemies in the Marvel Universe.

In other words, the comics aren't exactly logical. I hope that observation doesn't shatter anyone's world view.

14. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    People were being burnt at the stakes for less.

LKD likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.