1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Order of installation

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by slimkim, Mar 30, 2012.

1. slimkim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi! The reports on the release of the enhanced edition this summer has made me want to replay BG + BG2 right now! Problem is it been ages since a last installed these games and the mods/tweakpacks that i usually use so i have forgotten in what order i used to install them in to get a stable game. I think it was something like this:
    BG1+totsc
    BG2+tob
    Patches
    Easytutu
    degreenifier
    EasyTutu NPC Kit Selection
    Tutufix
    bg1npcproject
    Sword Coast strategems
    BG2 Tweakpack by G3
    BG1 GUI

i also woult like to ad these:
    bg2 fixpack
    unfinished buisness for BG2
    unfinished buisness for BG
    sword coast strategems 2
    Resolution Mod of somekind

Any comments on the order of installation, or on the fact that some of the mods/fixpacks might be unnecessary would be realy appriciated! I know that i have been able to install these mods in a stable manner preaviusly

Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You need to get the official patch installed and then the BG2fixpack installed. Most mods need the two to be installed beforehand, this is mandatory.

Tweak mods should be installed last. I do in this order:Quest mods, NPC mods, AI enhancing mods (SCS and tactics etc) and then tweak mods. Always finish up by generalised biffing mod, it really speeds up the game, no more lags and delays due to million mods installed.

Alternatively, you can go for the BGT route instead of Easy TuTu, I favour BGT and there are cool mods for it too. Example:BGSpawn mod is wonderful, totally enhances the random spawns and encounters. No more basic gnolls and the like, you can be ambushed by desert trolls, giant insects, minotaurs, more powerful undead etc. depending on your level. It beefs up the difficulty too. There are other fun mods gor BGT, Dark side of the sword coast, Northern tales of the sword coast, to name a few.

There is a very solid guide for BGT games mega-mod installation, even an automatic program called Big World Project which does things in correct order and such. May be worth a check.

3. slimkim Gems: 1/31

ok, thanks for the pointers! i think i will stay true to Easytutu, i tried BGT before and i liked Tutu better.

4. Exor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

To give the link: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-v11-english/

Oh and in general I can't play BG 2 without Refinements and Ascension ;).

If I remember right you also need to take care if you install in >=Vista, BG 1 in the default folder, BG 2 not in the default order,.. no User Account Control.. but err don't cite me on that the pdf should cover that.

5. slimkim Gems: 1/31

i actually got everything working as i like it earlier this evening :) byebye bachelor thesis!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.