1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Experience Mod help please

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by UberDuplo, Mar 9, 2012.

1. UberDuplo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, I know I've seen this before, a mod that gives the party npc same/close to same experience as the main char when they join the party, but I couldn't find it.... I'm currently playing pretty modless and I like it that way. Just ascension and some mods to make the game harder, and increase enemy AI. Just want this, couse its such a hassle to go into console to fix every npc's xp, especially imoen after I get her back, she is weak as a gimp unless you monkey with her xp.

So if someone could direct me to a mod that does that, or has that as one of several components (without having to install the entire thing) that would be great!

Thanks.

2. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Honestly I would say it would take less time to highlight all the characters you want to change and just CLUA console the XP in. It takes a total of about 15 seconds and you can do it all at once. It will take you longer to download/instal any mod ever.

3. UberDuplo Gems: 1/31

Maybe so, but if I install the mod, its fixed for life, no matter how many games I make on this pc, I still think that will add up to much more time saved in the long run (plus just the feeling of not having to do it at all, that the problem is just not in the game anymore)

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] There's no mod I've heard of that does that. Would mean editing the dialogue when they join the party I think but I don't think it would be as satisfactory as you are hoping.

All that I can see working would be having a check for character level - but it would have to check for pretty much every level - and setting xp the NPC has, risk being the rare occurances that they're a higher level that they lose xp. Would be a lot of conditional statements at the end of each dialogue.

Which is pretty much why the engine handles it the way it does by setting NPC level comparative to yours when you first interact/find them by creating the appropriate creature in that area (each NPC has several Creature files that represent them at different levels)

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There is a mod that does it, I have it installed, by I am posting from work so I can't look at my weidu right now. Offhand I think it's the Level 1 NPCs mod???? It makes the NPC level 1 but with the same XP as the PC, you just have to level up after having them join???

6. UberDuplo Gems: 1/31

Hmm is that really the only mod that does it? I just checked the mod out (not installed it yet) they will have equal xp to main char when they join party with? or are we talking estimates here, so they might be well under or sometimes above.

7. Samael Venom of God Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It's not exact but it's close.

I'm playing BG1 in Tutu at the moment and people joining are as little a 10k experience below when joining my level eight sorcerer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.