1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Leaving Underdark

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Splunge, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] OK, I think you can leave the Underdark without actually going to Ust Natha, but I've never actually done it. So how? I've found the "unmarked" map site on the far left, but when I go down to the Kuo-Toa section, I can't open the door in the upper-left area.

[ October 26, 2003, 18:34: Message edited by: Splunge ]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Kill Adalon and take the scroll that will open the door from the loot.

The door becomes unlocked at some point before you bring the eggs back to Adalon because I know I left by that door accidentally one time when I was still transformed into Drow, but I don't know what event caused it to be open.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Damn. I was hoping to save some time, but my PC is a Monk (LN), and my party is a mix of good and neutral NPC's, so killing her just doesn't seem right. Oh well, on to Ust Natha!

4. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

It is possible to leave without going to Ust Nathla. Get Adalon to turn you into a Drow, then go to the gate to the surface. If your charisma is high enough you can persuade the guards that you are a war party, and they let you out. You change back to normal the moment you step through, though.

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I can't imagine why anyone would do that, though. There is a lot to do in Ust Natha and it's actually pretty interesting to go through it -- especially if you have Viconia along.

6. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It loses appeal the umpteenth time through.

7. Splunge

Media:
    @ Alavin - thanks for the tip. I had already killed the guards, but I'll remember that for next time.

@ dshadow - my point exactly. I'm not quite at umpteen yet, but I've been through it enough that I don't feel I need to do it every time.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I didn't know that you could skip that part, but how do you get to the door that leads to the surface?

9. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

IMHO the underdark is the best part of the game. Last time I was there my kensai theif felt an urge to go and kill everyone there.

Whoops :D

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    LoL Fade, yeah it's one of my favourite areas aswell :D

@ Mystra: If you go to the Kua Tuo tunnels towards the North West of the Underdark, and turn LEFT when you reach the room that leads to the Kua Tuo'n Prince, you will find a door guarded by 3 (i think) drow warriors. You will need to do one of the methods described above to make sure the door is open however.

11. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Adalon tells you that you could have gotten there yourself but it would have been far bloodier. I've tried to pickpocket the scroll that will open the door but ended up being a 1/2 elven ice sculpture way too many times. I didn't think about trying it while disguised as a drow. Will have to try that one.

12. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Oh, there! I didn't know you could skip that entire part of the game.

Also, why does she tell you it would be bloodier? I mean, when you do the city, you have to wipe out entire cities of the Drow enemies (Beholder, Kuo Tao and/or Illithid). I'd say that far more bloody than wiping out 10 Drow! Or does she mean that you have to fight her, which is cool for a high level evil party. Plus you get a certain something for a certain something.

13. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

SPOILERS AHEAD
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~

As somebody said, you can leave the Underdark when transformed into Drow by bribing the surface gate guards or through persuasion.

Alternatively, you can simply wipe out the Drow. One time through, I helped the guy in the Ust Natha tavern who gets attacked for telling a joke. Blow me if he didn't turn on me followed by the entire Drow city. Rather than reloading, I went on the rampage. When I got to Lolth's Temple, the door to the egg chamber was unlocked and I simply took the eggs back to Adalon. You miss out on various quests, but it saves a lot of time.

So if you're bored of the doing the Underdark for the umpteenth time, go to the Ust Natha marketplace, do your shopping and then attack.

Alternatively, and for lots of extra XP, get Adalon's eggs in the approved manner and instead of leaving the city as fast as your legs can carry you, choose the genocide option and kill everybody in the city. If you have Keldorn along with his dispel-everything-fast super ability, it's almost a walk through the park. I reckon that anybody of any alignment can square this with their consciences.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.