1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Here we go! Euro 2012. (Americans tolerated)

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Merlanni, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Against the Germans. Just what we want.

ps: bring extra shinguards when playing Portugal.

---------- Added 0 hours, 5 minutes and 38 seconds later... ----------

We are not the only happy ones. Russia is chosen to entertain Poland, and of-course the Frogs and Lobsters

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You have a devil of a group there. Ouch.

Reasonably happy with England's group. It'll be tough, but it could have been worse. Would have preferred to be in Group A though.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I am betting on Germany to win the whole thing.

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    You're probably right there. It's between Spain and Germany, but Germany will be hungrier.

5. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Spain, Italy, Croatia and Ireland. Tough group. I said to a friend ages ago while watching Ireland that playing Spain would be no different from anybody else as we never have the ball against anybody. Guess that'll be put to the test. It's a three way tussle for second place and is doable but we'd be the least favourites.

Group B is very nasty. A and D are the easy ones. I still think Spain are a cut above everybody else provided fatigue doesn't kick on as they've been on the road a long time. Germany and Holland will be the two main challengers.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    But are largely uninterested...

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    We know. I do not mind. BTW Steelers won.

8. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think that if Balotelli is healthy and Prandelli finally decides to call up Miccoli, Italy might have a chance.

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    My money is on Germany or Spain. The Dutch and Portuguese are the main outsiders if they can survive their opening group ;) and of course one should never underestimate the Italians.

As for Denmark ... well, if we can move on from an opening group with Germany, the Netherlands and Portugal, I guess anything could happen. I just don't see our boys knocking out two of those teams.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    It's Germany or Spain, without a doubt. I can't see anyone getting near them. Germany are my favourites.

11. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31

I think they are banking on the fact that people are underestimating them b/c of their poor showing in 2010. That is okay though, Italy always plays better when nobody expects nothing from them. Miccoli could be our secret weapon. Italy has never lost to Germany in a competitive game and Spain only beat us on penalties last time. If everyone is healthy we are going to steamroll Spain in the first round. Honestly, I'm more worried about Ireland and Croatia than Spain.

12. Barmy Army

Media:

wat

Spain are scary good.

13. Montresor

Media:
    Oh yes. Spain's greatest weakness may be that they are already reigning European and World Champions, so it may be harder for them to motivate themselves again. If they can do that, they are still the favourites.

I think the Germans will prove more "hungry" for a title and will win this one.

14. Merlanni

Media:
    Never peak to early. I expect some discord between the Spanish players of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Calculations are already underway. We still need to play a single match, but if we are lucky, we might give the third game to the Portugese.

15. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31

I'm more worried about teams that nobody is talking about like Holland, Croatia and Russia.

16. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31

Wow!!! Italy totally got embarrassed yesterday by the USA. Good thing nobody follows soccer here or I would totally have to eat a lot of crow. :outta:

17. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Ireland's friendly with the Czechs was awful stuff. It ended with a 1-1 draw but the quality of our play was dire. I'm worried we might not even reach double digit possession stats against Spain.

The only thing of note that happened was some woman proposed to her boyfriend at half time :lol:. It was a set up with a local radio station and they told him he was being brought onto the pitch to be interviewed as part of the promotion for the competition he had "won" the tickets in. The crowd were, eh, supportive. Poor sap.

18. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31

Meh.. we dominated the USA yesterday, but they had one chance a capitalized on it. So long as the Irish players stick to the plan, they should be okay. Trap is a good coach and playing you guys this summer is going to be tough. Plus we have Croatia, who Italy have never beaten. Mama Mia, this summer is going to be one to remember! :rolling:

19. Montresor

Media:
    If Denmark plays against Germany, the Netherlands and Portugal the way they did against Russia on Wednesday, it will be a short EURO 12 for us. But they may reach double figures in goals conceded! :nolike:

20. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That's because the USA reeks of awsomeness, even in sports we don't give a rip about.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.