1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where did Keldorn go?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by cantor, Jul 22, 2001.

1. cantor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i hope someone can help...

im in chapter 6 and was playing with keldorn in the party. i dropped him off in exchange for valygar just to do valygar's quest. keldorn gave me the choice of having him stay at valygar's shack, or returning to the radiant heart. i let him go back to the temple.

now that i'm all done with valygar, i went back to the radiant heart for keldorn, but i can't find him anywhere.

this really sucks. anyone else had this happen? does anyone know *exactly* where in the radiant heart he'll be standing? im pretty sure he wasn't there...

if i cant find him, i might have to try to export him for a previous game or something :(

thanks

2. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

He should be standing in the chamber at the backside of the Building of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.

3. cantor Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] arg! he's just not there.

is there a way to use shadow keeper or inspect the game data files to find out where the game thinks he is?

i guess ill try exporting him from an older save, importing him into my latest one, then using shadow keeper to give him back all the stuff he had when i dismissed him. that way he'll only lose some experience points. unfortunately, my last save with him in the party is kinda old :(

does anyone know if there will be any problems with the game recognizing him as the "real keldorn" since i'll be importing him from a .chr file? that is, will he still say his little scripted interjections here and there during dialogs, etc?

thanks

4. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

that will probably screw it up yes

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] ARGH!

The WARD!

I can't....

/me vanishes without putting the answer...

6. cantor Gems: 1/31

ah, you tease!

at least give me a push in the right direction. ;) was this addressed in a previous thread? is there some documentation or something that might help?

if i could just change my party makeup through the console somehow...

7. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Cantor, Extremist refuses to help anybody who uses the word "shadowkeeper." He tells them he knows the answer but refuses to divulge it. I think the author of Shadowkeeper owes him some money or something. *wink*

Anyway, there's another board at Interplay's site, http://webboard.interplay.com:8080/%7Ebgate , where people will answer your questions anyway. Karvala there knows more about the Infinity engine than anyone I've met.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great board, in fact I like its format much better than the Interplay one--but what can you do when users start flaming and withholding information to try to force other users to shut up certain topics of conversation?

8. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Off Topic
    Man o man. Ill tell you one thing you shouldn't. You know when Gaal makes his statements, dont kill him there. Cause thats EXACTLY what I did and then you cant go into the Unseeing Eye place @ the sewers and you can't complete the mission. Also you can't get Keldorn if you do kill em.

God killing everything is definetely FUN. But it totally screws the up the game and yourself. For instance, I tried to kill Aran Linvail and I did but this weirdo guy came up and stabbed my PC once and i died. God was that funny. The next time I played I sanctuaried my main character and blasted the heck out of that guy and he took over 600 damage but still he lives. God I wish I had that guy. Same goes with other things if you screw up the storyline. They just make a super strong assasin and kill you. What a funny game

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

No, noone owes me money.

I can help, but I can't nor want help SK users. I already said - I don't know what does that util do and I can not "fix" it's effects. Call me ignorant if you wish.

If you can't live without SK, you'll have to live without me. It is simple. On the other hand I'm not irreplacable. But also SK is not irreplacable. You choose.

10. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

I completely understand if you don't want to help people use a program you don't like or know anything about. Neither do I!

However, what you've stated many times in the last few days is "if you mention the words Shadow Keeper at all I will refuse to help you. If anyone else mentions the words Shadow Keeper anywhere in your thread I will refuse to help you and it is their fault, so yell at them."

There's a difference between having no interest in a program and therefore not giving advice about it, and aggressively launching a campaign to make other people stop discussing that program by attacking them, punishing them by withholding other information on other topics, and turning them into scapegoats by withholding information from third parties and saying it's the fault of the person you want to shut up for not obeying you.

I was referred to the rules-and-policies page as soon as I got here. Nowhere in it did it say that it was forbidden to discuss Shadowkeeper on here. Yet every newbie who even mentions it as a possibility, gets flamed, teased, and loudly refused assistance.

*shrugs*

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Of course it is not forbidden. I never said that. You actually can search my thread in Whatnots about some IEE util - I actually made a thread to keep people away from spamming about it all day long.

I said only that I'll personally keep my mouth shut when I see that someone mentioned your beloved util in the thread. And to one that started bitching about that I said he's on ignore for good. So what do you want now?

Spamming about that util every single day on these boards gets me sick more and more. If you use it, ok, then use it. But what's the fuss about it. You just don't mention it and I'll reply - is it hard to understand it?

Rules? What rules? This is my personal thing, not from any rules.

12. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There is nothing wrong with using Shadowkeepers. You can have lots of fun with it! Well i use it to do cool stuff, not to make my characters super powerful and give super equipment. Now that is just lame. I only screw with one part of Shadowkeeper. The Appearance of my character. I made my Character a Jon Irenicus, that was SOO HILARIOUS!!! Then I made him a stupid ankheg and screwed up my game. Then I made Jaheira a harlot! Loll!!

You can have so much fun with Shadowkeeper, but beware, the DARK SIDE!

13. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

It's not my util. I didn't write it, and don't know the guy who did. I don't even know how to use it.

I just think trying to get people to shut-up about it is rather counter the point of a messageboard.

But I've made my opinion known, and I'll bow out now.

14. cantor Gems: 1/31

well, if it counts for anything, i have SK installed, but ive never actually used it because i play the game straight. this is actually my first time through.

i only mentioned SK because i know other people use it to do various stuff, so i thought there might be some way it could help me.

i'd much rather have a solution to my keldorn problem that doesn't require using SC at all.

so, extremist, or anyone out there, if you have any suggestions about how i can get keldorn back in my party, i'd be most grateful to hear them.

is there a game state variable or some such thing i can tweak via the console?

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Brother, it's obvious. That util is obviously not ment to help others. A whole day its users had to post a solution, but why would they bother? Tsk, tsk. So since you're not using the util anyway, blast it to hell where it belongs. And of course, this is the only place where everyone get an answer, let's not break the tradition. Yet. ;)

Ok, enough of craptalk.

First you need to enable the console window. In case you don't know haow to do it, there is a file called "Power Users.txt" in BG2 main folder. Inside you search for keyword "debug" and then for "console".

After you enabled the console, load your game and go in front of Radiant Heart base. Open the console with CTRL+SPACE and type this inside:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("KeldornSpawnGuild","GLOBAL",0)

Enter the Radiant Heart and you should find Keldorn on position x=1724, Y=501. Press "x" on the keyboard to see current position of the cursor.

There is one thing more - it might happen that Keldorn is under effect of invisibility so you can't see him there. If that's the case - try Dispel Magic spell near postion I wrote.

[Edit]
    I just forgot - if you're about to ask the question on official boards, ask for Setsuna. She rocks!

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 23, 2001).]

16. cantor Gems: 1/31

thanks, that is *exactly* the answer i was looking for :D

worked like a charm. keldornspawnguild -- i saw that var, but was too dense to intuit what it would do.

thanks again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.