1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Does Edwin have an NPC quest?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Woo-Fu, Oct 6, 2000.

1. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

He was involved in the thief guild issues of course, but does he have an NPC quest after you resolve that mess and can pick him up in the copper coronet?

I'm sick of finding +4 to +5 weapons that AREN'T longswords, btw.

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

At least you're finding +4 and +5 weapons. My best weapon is still the Flail of Ages. Korgan is using a Battle Axe +1, Valygar his family blade, Minsc a +1 or perhaps +2 blade. Most of the creatures I'm meeting up with now need +3 or better to hit. It's so annoying having 3 main fighters going in with no effect. Switch them to bows and the same blasted thing.

Syl...

3. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm in the same spot, the best thing I have is the flail. Most of the time I'm hearing "My weapon has no effect?!". And of course, I can't afford the +3's in the Adventurer's Mart. Oh well, we'll muddle through won't we :D

4. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31

I don't understand what the big deal about that flail is. Maybe if I had somebody with 3 or 4 stars in flail I'd like it. As it is, Minsc just carries it around to deal with the occasional troll.

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

My character is specialized in Flails and Maces along with two handed fighting style. Once I find a mace for his other hand, he's going to be something else!

Syl...

6. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31

Yeah, I'm wishing I didn't have a ranger specialized in longbow/longsword. If I'm fighting undead, I've got good longswords for that, but nothing that is really good general purpose.

Archery just isn't that useful anymore, everything is immune to missiles, or has their own ranged attack that just stomps all over an archer ( garths for instance ). I just wade in with boots of speed, holy might, and 2 longswords.

7. someonebored Gems: 1/31

I got bored and started over with a ranger. Dual weapon katana specialized kicks ass. There aren't that many good katanas out there but there are twenty more then the longswords.

8. Hey Syl,
    I'm not even as far into the game as you and I have better stuff than that! Aren't you picking up anything? Why don't you have better stuff?

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Well, that all depends what you've done as I may be doing other quests than you at the moment.

This is what I've done so far:

Irenicus' Dungeon
    Waukeen's Promenade District (no purchases)
    De'Arnise Hold
    Umar Hills & the Temple Ruins there

I'm currently working on Planar Sphere.

I just found a Battle Axe +2 for Korgan in the Sphere and I missed out on the items in the Golem Room in De'Arnise Hold.

Syl...

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Argh!
    How do you FIND Edwin?
    Thanks.

11. Thanos Gems: 5/31

Hey Syl, you can check out the Copper Coronet slave quest. The sewers below the C.C. have a small quest that grants a +3 two-handed sword.
    As for maces, trust me, there are some SUPERB maces in later stages.

12. Thanos Gems: 5/31

Woo-Foo: I finished the game and found ONLY ONE +3-4 (cant remember exactly, but better than +2) longsword. Except from drow eq, that are of no use when you leave the underdark, thats about it...
    There is also a +3 katana to be found (a SUPERB weapon, has some fantastic special abilities, and its d10 :)).

However, the way I see it, Black Isle hase purposedly toned down the long swords, because, lets face it, if they had +4 and +5 longswords scattered all around the place, every character would specialize in long swords (after all, they deal good damage with a low speed rating...). Anyone who has played p&p ad&d knows that, eventually, all fighters are armed with longswords (except from dwarfs perhaps).

13. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

spoiler..

well, blackrazor in the abyss at the end of the game is a +3 longsoword (does not help before the very end of the game though =) then there is the blade of roses, the equilizer, and that is all I know of, still that is 3 plus 3 longswords.... there are two or three plus 3 bastard swords too, I think there were two of them just in the underdark. I think the scimitar proficiency has the most plus 3 or better weapons total, with 2 hand swords being second, and maces being third.

14. Jehovah Gems: 1/31

Crom Faer is awsome.. you know the hammer, that you need the frost str belt, ogre gauntlet and a hammer of thunderbolt then the scroll to have it made.. but its worth it, it gives the use 25 in strenght.. kills a few beasty in one hit.. don't remember all the spec tho.. but I think its considered a +5 weapon, like the staff of magi

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.