1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cheating in an NPC

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Blades of Vanatar, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I am playing the BG1NPCs in SoA and I cannot get the dialogue to have Quayle join me. But I am pretty sure I have read inteh past that you can "SetGlobaL" or something like that to add an NPC to your Party. Anyone know how to do this?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] EnableCheatKeys()

Then Ctrl+Q whilst hovering the mouse over him.

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Thanks 8. Do you think that would screw up his dialogues or possible future quests? I really don't want to miss out on Quayle berating my PC over his choices.:)

4. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If he responds when you click him then he should be fine. If he doesn't say anything then you'll need to CLUAconsole him in.

Vanilla BG1 NPC's have no quests, except the ones with "join conditions" (eg. Minsc wants you to help him rescue Dynaheir, he leaves/attacks the party if you won't). Quayle doesn't have one.

Ctrl-Q can have the unfortunate side effect of preventing NPC's from leaving your party. So even if they get blown up by a nasty crit or burnt to a crisp with a Fireball, you won't be able to get rid of their (empty) portraits. Consider using Ctrl-Q only if you really need to (if you CLUAconsole Quayle he'll offer to join you, so you won't need to use Ctrl-Q).

5. Samael Venom of God Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Not heard of the not leaving but myself but wouldn't Ctrl+K work?

6. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't know. Their portrait vanishes from the sidebar, but an empty/blank portrait appears when you try to add/kick someone off your party. I used to Ctrl-Q random NPC's into my party and this would happen every once in a while.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] There are several different dialogue files involved in NPCs in the BG games

"B" files are the banter files
    "J" files are quests and interjections
    "P" files are the leaving/joining/meeting files

Unless there's a problem with all of Quayles files then interjections and banters should work just fine once he's in the party.

Paracelsi - was that problem in BG1 or BG2? Because the joining/leaving things should be much simpler in BG2

8. Paracelsi

Media:
    BG1 + TotSC fully patched, without mods. Yep, I've never encountered this problem in BG2 so I guess TuTu users should be fine.

My experience is that there are times when an NPC can become unresponsive, like Tiax if you reject his initial offer to join you. If you try to Ctrl-Q him into the party you'll be able to control him like any other NPC but he won't speak anymore.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  9. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] BG1NPCs in SoA is neither a BG1 or a Tutu mod, so that should be a completely unrelated issue.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Cheating on the NPC in the underdark can hose your romance....

Damn ... in ... not on....

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually only Aerie of the vanilla four ;)

12. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Really? I could have sworn Jaheria got mad at me when I cheated on her in the Underdark. I thought Viconia was the only one who understood me not blowing my cover as a Drow male by refusing. Not surprising as she's not only familiar with Drow culture, but a DROW herself.

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Well most people would be mad about you sleeping with someone else quite brazenly :p She breaks up with you only if you're an ass about it. One of the options you have to have a reputation greater than 12 to pull off, but generally to get the decent route with Jaheira you need that anyway.

14. Blades of Vanatar

Back on topic, I was able to add Quayle(using 8 Peps idea advice). Thanks everyone!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.