1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best bow revisited

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bsisi, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Bsisi Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There is nothing about falling. Anyway, core fixes contain:
    So getting the STR bonus certainly causes a ranger to fall. No idea about the dmg / thac0 bonus

---------- Added 1 hours, 2 minutes and 14 seconds later... ----------

Also, interesting thing. Assuming that you don't use bolts of lightning in Firetooth and that you don't want to fall, the highest damage/round deals Archer(21) / Cleric(26) or (22/24) thanks to the Sling of Seeking, Draw Upon Holy Might and Rightous Magic. Not counting spells that a friendly cleric can cast on any archer, it's 370 dmg/round vs otherwise best 345. With 1/2 GWW + 1 WW (350 dmg/round) it's not very sustainable though.

2. Bsisi Gems: 5/31

I'm soloing the game and I'm near the end of Act 2. My STR/DEX/CON are all at 19 (I did BG1 already), but after DUHM - 24/25/25. So there's a cap. :/

---------- Added 0 hours, 6 minutes and 20 seconds later... ----------

Disregard that. I just noticed that I forgot to change a shield that gave me -1 STR. I have 25/25/25 now.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    25 has always been the cap for any stat in 1st and 2nd ed. games.

4. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I always liked fire tooth with the pulse ammo. very accurate, deadly, and gives you 5 attacks per round with any character. Though I am unsure what the exact stats for pulse ammo is...

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... I wonder how daggers/axes/hammers compare when wielded by a kensai.

6. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Well it worked well with my swashbuckler so I bet it would work well with kensai. Only trick is that your normal rate of fire won't be that high but your damage will be very good especially with str bonus giving weapons.

7. Bsisi Gems: 5/31

I did some simpler comparison a couple of days ago. Staff of the Ram does ~536-537 dmg/round. As to single handed weapons, Flail of the Ages does a little under 526, followed by Club of Detonation (521.6), Storm Star (466).
    Dagger of the Star = 405
    Crom Feyr = Runehammer = 431
    Axe of Unielding = 433

I assumed a single enemy, so Club of Detonation and Storm Star damage should be increased. And assumed that you don't miss, except for crits.
    The spreadsheet:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YSX0GHSG

---------- Added 0 hours, 14 minutes and 15 seconds later... ----------

Sorry, a mistake.
    The spreadsheet calculates dmg / hit, not dmg / attack, so it ignores crit. misses (but takes crit. hits into account). To give you the numbers I just multiplied it by 10, but to be correct it should be 10*19/20.
    SotR does 510.5 dmg/round then, others should be adjusted too.

---------- Added 1 hours, 51 minutes and 25 seconds later... ----------

I just spotted another mistake, I equipped the Kensai with gaunlets.
    490.5 now.
    Updated spreadsheet:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HAZ25KTD

---------- Added 0 hours, 24 minutes and 25 seconds later... ----------

Only now it occurred that the weird selection of weapon types may have something to do with the fact that they are distance weapons. I added them to the spreadsheet. Assuming that they get +dmg from strength:
    Rifhome axe 350.4
    Dwarven Thrower: 364.8
    K'logarath: 376.6
    Fire Tooth: 379.1

Hmm...assumptions might be incorrect it's actually more than a non-cheesy archer. The game is broken. :(

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 40 seconds later... ----------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y9AZE9MV

8. Samael Venom of God Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Mega-gone

Great thread, thoroughly enjoyed reading it but, as a consequence of 'you-know-who' the spreadsheet is gone. Any chance someone has a copy they could upload somewhere else? I'm late to the party I know but I wanna see *pouts*

9. Bsisi Gems: 5/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.