1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt stole my kill!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tressym, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

In the fight with Bodhi, Drizzt got the deathblow, and that seemed to break the game: she didn't drop anything, and the remaining of three coffins upstairs remains empty {the cursor doesn't change into a sword over it}.
    I also found the three vampire books, but neither the monc in Oghma's temple, nor the oghmite prist say anything about them. :={
    Do i need to load and repeat the battle, or can i get the Lanthorn inspite of Drizzt's bastardly intervension?

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't think the 3 coffins are significant except in chapter 3. You can CLUAconsole the Lanthorn if you want to avoid a reload.

CLUAConsoleCreateItem:("C6LANTHO")

That's an O, not a zero.

If you want Bodhi's black heart, that code is: MISCBP

3. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Ok, i loaded, and this time i made sure none of the NPCs even took part in the battle. My party destroied Bodhi alone, but even now, she dropped nothing. I cleared out every vampire i could find, and still there is no Lanthorn, and the NW coffin is still empty. I did, however, encounter a bat, of the i'm-too-lame-to-turn-into-gas-but-you-still-can't-hurt-me type, which flies around the place. I tried sleeping, but it still remains, neither turning into a vampire nor retreating into the coffin.
    So what do i do?
    I mean the console is nice, but when every quest item needs to be consoled in, rather than actually appear as per the plotline - the game kinda loses its pojnt, no? So, what do i do to actually get the Lanthorn via legitimate playing?

4. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

IIRC you have to 'kill' Bodhi to get her heart and lanthorn which means you have to put the wooden stake through her coffin...like you did to other vampires and Lathal...and IIRC Bodhi's coffin is in the room NE of the room where you fought Bodhi, not NW.

5. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You have to click on Bodhi's coffin. Then she will finally die, and you will receive Bodhi's heart and Lanthorn.

6. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Ah! Thanks, i found her coffin finally!
    The oghmite monc is still horibly tight-lipped, though. Shouldn;t there be an option to offer him the books and ask him about them?
    While we're at it, i still have this sahuagin scroll. Is thre anyone who'll be interested in it?

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

How much damage did Drizzt do :p

8. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I recall the Drow getting all too lucky once... Just because I could, and for the fact I wanted it, I fooled the ranger to the room with Bodhi's last stand. Then I shut the door and waited to see his corpse falling.
    And, against all odds, the damn Dark Elf slew 'em all, even Bodhi in single combat! I couldn't decide should I be pissed off or amazed.
    Salvatore would have been proud.

9. Tressym Gems: 5/31

Err, yeah, Drizzt is awesome/horrendous/whatever. Now, not to be rude, but please help me with the questions asked in my last post here?

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Do you have a loved one? If not, I'm not sure whether the monk will actually have anything to say for himself. Regardless, why don't you just take the body and heart to the statue and miss out the monk (as I normally do)?

No-one cares about the fishy scroll- I'm not really sure why they bothered including it.

While we are off-topic: I rarely ask Drizzt to join the party against Bodhi as he all too capable of getting the deathblow and stealing the 91K EXP.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

:evil: You know, I actually enjoy bringing Drizzt to the fray against improved Bodhi. Improved Bodhi then has Arkanis Garth nearby (cool!) Then usually, improved Bodhi kills Drizzt...oh well, we will not forget his noble sacrifice. :lol:

12. Fly2tHeSkY

:lol: Silver you're eviiiil :p

Most of the time he wasn't that helpful when I took on Bohdi anyway ...

13. valhalla12492 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok, if you're worried about drizzt stealing your kill of bodhi, you should kill him for his chain mail and scimitars. all are +3 or above, and they're good in a tight spot.

But, if you're consience prevents you from killing a guy who's had whole book series written about him, then i would keep him out of the party and get shadowkeeper save editor and just put the items in my inventory.

14. Fly2tHeSkY

Val you're just really concerened about his items and not his physical prowess in the fight with Bodhi, or rather the topic in general ...

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

You can not keep his items for long, anyway. Marchol Harpell (I guess this was the right name after all) will come and take the booty soon enough.

Though in my game, MHs kept spawning hostile, I killed one, another came, I killed one, another came, they were all highest level casters with 3 ABDHW contingencies, various protections and imprisonment spells. In the end I dropped Drizzt's loot, picked Immy's inventory from the ground (as she was vaporised by ABDHWs :p ) and made my exit from the map. He never spawned again, thankfully. A mod conflict or bug with some sense of humour, I guess. :shake:

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yeah, unless you've disabled Harpell, then all Drizzt's gear is good for is selling for extra cash.

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

And IIRC you can disable him via a mod. Was it EoU?

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yes, it was EoU that did that.

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I did not get that component of the mod, so when Improved Bodhi killed Drizzt, I looted his corpse, and infinite number of Marchol Harpells (all hostile and high lvl) spawned and bleah...who needs his equipment anyway, my weapons&armor surely are superiour!

20. Fly2tHeSkY

I didn't know it was on EoU? I thought there was just a separate download here on SP somewhere :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.