1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

There was a bit of snow on the 31st, but now it's mostly melted.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    11°F (-12°C) here not including wind chill factors. Nearly froze various parts of my body off....

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Maybe I should rethink my opinion. The last few days we have had 5-10°C, rainy weather with powerful wind, and of course heavily overcast so it has been dark throughout the "day".

:nolike:

If anybody has an excess of snow, I wouldn't mind trading!

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    There is a little snow here but not enough to leave my footprints in it.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    A little fighting. Canucks VS Bruins.

A second and almost a third fight.

An interesting way of fighting. A little grabbing, some swings, uppercuts. It is almost a dance.

It all started with a ambush of a Bruin. they bushwaked him by their own bench and ganged up. And as usual, when the other bruins come to help, the wrong team has 2 man less on the ice. Figures.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  6. Dice

Media:
    Hmmm, this RBP is definitely moving slower than in days of old. Are the boards less active these days or did I just come at a bad time?

7. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I never know whether I should shout at the screen or laugh out loud at the stupidity broadcast on the show "Galileo" here on German TV. The show used to be quite interesting, long, long ago when it started. It wasn't the most perfect show dedicated to knowledge, but at least it had some kind of Niveau.

These days, even calling it "Infotainment" is an insult to every show marketed under that title. It mainly consists of more than trivial reports by one guy appropriately called "Jumbo" something, who travels around the world to find and eat the biggest version of a specific food item. Schnitzel, foods wrapped in dough (Ravioli, spring roll, Maultaschen, the like). They call that "Knowledge".

Also, even the reports even remotely related to some kind of knowledge are more than badly researched or just overly simplified. Part of it just seems to be made up to make it sound more interesting.

The most recent offender was a summary of the supposed end of the world forecast by the Mayan calendar. Some quotes that stood out particularly "the mysterious Maya calender remains undeciphered" (plain wrong, it's a calender that is quite well understood. Also, it's quite complex), "The maya had an unusual knowledge of the stars and astronomy" (um, that is not unusual. It's actually hardly remarkable. Many cultures had that, you just have to watch the skies and be good at record keeping. Combine that and have a certain talent for recognising patterns, and bingo! You've got a good start on astronomy already.), "The mysterious disapperance of the Maya" (Did I miss something? Was there a sudden disapperance of about 6 million people in Middle America? Why wasn't that on the news? Seriously, the Maya didn't vanish. In fact, they still practice their culture and religion. They're just no big empire any longer.), and stuff like that.

Also fun: Which music do they use as background for their reports. In the past they often used music from "Edward Scissorhands" (winter reports and mysterious stuff), "Dragonheart" (Medieval stuff, and the like), and a few weeks ago even "Shempi" by Ratatat, which surprised me a bit. What surprised me even more quite recently? They seemed to have used that one calme ambient music from Fable III (I think it's one of the ones used in Bowerstone). Very interesting.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    The RBP is often quieter but other places have a lot more activity. I think perhaps a little quieter, but also more of a shift in activity across the different forums, I know when I joined it was all RBP and the BG forums updated within minutes, it's been interesting seeing it subtly change over the years.

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    The puppy is in for surgery today. I'm worried about him :(

10. Dice

Media:
    Heya 8, hows it going?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    CJ, I hope the surgery goes well... what's wrong with him?

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Just noticed that I have 23 posts to go until 13,000. Now 22.

13. Dice

Media:
    I bet that you will be talkative in the next couple days HB :D.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] All the fun of the fair over here :lol:

At least I've got a blackbird who sings to me :)

And a third Python on the way...

15. Dice

Media:
    Don't introduce the blackbird to the python.

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My morning sickness is finally fading! I'm also going for my first scan on Thursday so it's all exciting stuff :D

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The blackbird might introduce himself - he's been in the flat twice now, just flaps on in if I leave the door open for him.

New Python has been described as 'Lairy' by the shopkeep. Illustrated by while I was holding him (the python) as soon as the shopkeeper came nearby the python struck out at him.

Picking him up on the 2nd of February.

Probably getting bitten by the 4th :D

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Should be an interesting introduction.

"Blackbird, please meet Python. Python, please meet lunch."

:evil:

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My two year old nephew running towards me for a hug adorable . My two year old nephew who then barf on my shirt not so much . :lol: Meh I can't be mad at the little guy.

Edit: Wait, what ? Bom's got achievements and levels now ? sweet.

20. Dice

Media:
    Heya Flix, long time no see. Don't worry it may be a little smelly but barf washes. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.