1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ragusa, looks like you'll have to learn the joys of Solitaire and Minesweeper all over again. :evil:

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I feel your pain.

Made progress in troubleshooting? PSU?

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    No progress really. I'll know more on Tuesday. Just to be safe I ordered a new MoBo, just in case (if I don't need it I'll return it unopened) since it is the most problematic component as far as ordering times are concerned. If it's the PSU and GPU that's easily fixed, since I can more easily get replacements at any number of shops.

At least, I got LotRO to run on the netbook, granted, on LowRes, but pretty smoothly. So, no need to rediscover Solitaire and Minesweeper and the like.

4. Ragusa

Media:
    Having played LotRO a bit on that AMD E-450 netbook, I can say in summary this: It runs reasonably smooth, there is lag once the screen gets crowded. It really takes some getting used to to have a screen of about quarter the size of what I am used to. All in all, it's an acceptable portable solution. However, I am rather amazed at the performance the AMD E-450 delivers, for a netbook.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bumbles bounce.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tumbles trounce.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The closer I get to that commercialized Christian force fed holiday, the longer the workdays are. Two left and after x-mas the rest of the week off.

Just ordered a 120 euro Razer black widow ultimate keyboard. Overtime money well spent.

And yes, I love X-mas.

8. Ragusa

Media:
    No more work till January 2! Holidays!

And January 2 will be the first day in my new job. I'll better be well rested :)

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My company shuts down between Xmas and New Years, so I get the week off, payed! I plan on a lot of gaming... perfect itme for a new purchase.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] For the solstice I got a new snake :)

11. Merlanni

Media:
    Sweet.

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 54 seconds later... ----------

Does it scare cats?

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I agree!

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    I think she's a bit small for that, I get a camera tomorrow so will probably get pics of her along with the two other girls and the boy we've got :)

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Anyone got any real snow where you're at? The only snow we have here is on these boards. :nolike:

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] No snow here and I, for one, am not complaining! :lol:

The pythons are still in small vivariums so the cold would not be good in the livingroom until we get them into bigger wooden vivs next year :rolleyes:

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    No snow here either. But we had snow enough for at least two winters last year so I'm not complaining!

17. Merlanni

Media:
    It is so depressing to see the year in end-titles of movies. Just saw Jumanji and it said 1995.

Ouch.

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]

T2Bruno likes this.
  19. Merlanni

Media:
    Exactly!

20. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    No snow here either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.