1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Is the appropriate feedback the same as the feedback at 0:48 in this video? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Just now I've woken up to the first real snow of the year, it's barely 08h00 and there's already a couple of cm of snow on the ground. Great, just great . You know Nature, we're still technically in autumn.

Went to an interview yesterday, working at The Source (an electronic retail store), let's hope it'll work. I desperately need a part time job, I may be going to Uni full time, but having money is still nice. At least I don't have to pay students loans until after I graduate (and hopefully get real job). Weird thing is I knew the manager we went to High School together.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I bought an insurance against the coming cold yesterday, a 300er fleece jacket. When I first put it on I wanted to purr. I have a hunch I'll need it earlier rather than later. Forecasts predict a cold winter.

4. Ofelix

Media:
    Just received a call; I didn't get the job :( meh ! Oh well, what can I do about it ? Also, isn't Winter cold by definition :p ? From where I'm standing, winters are always cold.

I suppose I should start searching again, and again, and again...

5. Triactus

Media:
    Aw, that sucks, Ofelix. Hang in there. Eventually, you'll find one. It took me three months to find my job but I found one eventually. If you were in Gatineau, I would invite you to the job fair we're organizing every month, but alas, the jobs are all for here.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I want to drive 2h30 each morning and evening just for a part time job. I was however thinking of moving post graduation, how expensive are rents over there ? Or maybe I'll move even further away; I've heard Halifax is great, anybody went there ?

7. Triactus

Media:
    It's not the cheapest rents but not the highest either. My girlfriend and I are renting a two bedroom over two floors appartment for around 675/month. There are good deals depending on what part of town you look. Another bonus is the federal government employment. It's definitely not what it used to be with the conservatives in power, but if you can get in, it's a big salary with security.

8. Ofelix

Media:
    Uh, so the rent is still less expensive than in Montréal, my friend rents a one bedroom apartment for 650/m. I wonder what use the government could have for a linguist, if any ? No, the only real future for me is in the private sector. Technically I'll be combining two majors together; computer science and linguistic to get my degree. "Computerized linguistic" as a career is both relatively new and in high demand, lucky me.

9. Triactus

Media:
    Honestly you would be surprised what type of people the government employs. But if you're looking for a contract work until you find something that suits you best, the government is always an interesting offer. My girlfriend worked all summer for Statistic Canada while she was submitting her master thesis. It helps you get by and you can afford to put a little money on the side.

10. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    sometimes, when your guard is done technology fails. First it is not our, or mine, fault.

When a client, good for 75% of our production, messes up their own computer system we wait. We wait for the next day, when we get 175%.

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    And it fails again.

It will be an interesting Wednesday.

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Today I only work till 14:00 and have the rest of the week and next Monday off :) Going to Munich to see friends.

13. Merlanni

Media:
    Is it already snowing there?

Wednesday was interesting. Not problematic, but interesting. It really was.

---------- Added 23 hours, 55 minutes and 13 seconds later... ----------

The root canal treatment I had today was nice. No pain what so ever. I could see what he was doing with an extra mirror, nice.

The dentist is a friend. Used to play hockey with him until the club stopped. he went to an other club. My dad hates his guts. Dad always has been, and still is, a whiner. I don't think he has a healthy tooth left.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  14. Merlanni

Media:
    13 days later, and nothing happened. On this tread that is.

Indoor hockey is under appreciated. Despite the lack of snow, it is still not nice to play on an open field in December.

15. Triactus

Media:
    I had a radio show yesterday and all my co-hosts all cancelled. I did the whole show alone. Went pretty well too!

16. Ragusa

Media:
    Posting from my new netbook for the first time, from Express Gate and Chrome. For surfing, this is sufficient. The little thing is rather responsive. The 12.1 in screen is sufficiently large for the average web pages. Some time next year it's going to get more RAM and an SSD.

Need to get Win7 32bit to run on it asap, alas, handed my 32bit disc to my brother, believing I wouldn't ned it anytime soon anyway. Well, I was wrong. Eeepc won't run the 64bit disc. Trying to get my brother on the phone but he's at work. E-mail then, and, fotunately, that is a feasible option now.

17. Ragusa

Media:
    First post from fresh Windows 7 on my Netbook. Progress. About time.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  19. Ofelix

Media:
    Just to my luck; I finally got a job I went to the training session but I was turned around because of some stupid technicality. Apparently they can't accept my check specimen since my name isn't written on it. Seriously ? They're supposed to contact me next January :mad: Urrrgh. I guess the job hunt isn't over yet. I just want a part time job I'm not asking for the moon dammit !

I also learned an interesting bit of trivia today; remember Khalid from Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 ? Well apparently "khalid" is arabic for "eternal" now isn't that ironic.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    Really Tal, I was looking forward to spend some of the days between Christmas and new year gaming, and I am more than annoyed by the fact that at the moment my "Big One" is a heap of parts on my desk. Also, I didn't want to buy a new MoBo or PSU or GPU right now. Oh yes, and my pre-order code for Old Republic is kind of worthless right now.

"Minime" as a surrogate is just that, and merely gives me acess to the internet and so allows me to do stuff like online banking and to properly write and receive e-mail. That said, that it does very well and I'm delighted to have it. As far as netbooks go the AMD E-450 Brazos really is a nice processor and a breed apart from the average Atom & Intel GPU combo. I plan to give it an SSD and 8GB RAM with Windows 7 64bit in the summer, that will sure speed it up a bit :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.