1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Crossbow and Bow

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Vasiliy, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Vasiliy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hi,

Do any real penalties for crossbow exist in IWD2? In game statistics say nothing.

What about "reload time" in Rapid Shot feature description?

Where I can read details about IWD2 weapons?

Thanks

Vasiliy

2. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Once again look at Near Infinity, Infinity Explorer...
    Editors handle all game files, you should be able to answer most queries that way.

3. Vasiliy Gems: 3/31

Thanks, Ishad

But I don't want to dig in game's files (I can spoil something important this way), I want just to play.

4. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Crossbows are only ever supposed to get 1 base attack/round while bows follow your BAB advancement all the way up to 4/rnd.

There are some crossbows that specifically give you anywhere between 2-4 att/rnd (first one in late Chapter Three), but you're forevermore stuck with that value unless you upgrade your weapon.

However, due to a bug/oversight (that IE pros haven't been able to say WHY exactly) there are a select few crossbows that behave like bows in the game, ie. they allow for full BAB advancement *and* work with Rapid Shot feat. Earliest one of them can be found in Chapter Two.

5. Vasiliy Gems: 3/31

Thanks,

How I can recognize these "crossbows with bug"? Only by behavior? Or something in description?

6. Sir Rechet

By taking a look at your character battle stats screen when having one of them equipped. You can hardly miss it listing several attacks per round. :)

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Can you refer the rest of us who have finished the game and don't mind spoilers to a list of these bugged crossbows?

I never really noticed since I mostly only gave crossbows to wizards, and let them shoot them when they weren't doing anything else (or while in Targos and conserving spells) while the tanks are mopping up.
    Although I'd occasionally let my spellcasters use their staffs or daggers on a helpless enemy to conserve ammo.

I generally gave bows to everyone with the proficiency, and distributed slings and crossbows to the rest. I never paid much attention to the number of attacks per round that wizards got, as it was insignificant compared to warriors or even priests.

8. Sir Rechet

The ones I've confirmed myself are Hagnen's Folly (from Andora village) and its HOF counterpart, Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy +4 (rather common random drop) and Geloise (AR6200) and its HOF counterpart. Finally, Dragu's Hell Bolter gives you 4 att/round directly without consideration to one's BAB, but it's halfway into HOF mode until you get that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.