1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Class Poll

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Belgarth, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Xen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

it`s hard to say. I have many "favourite" classes. But if I must pick I say Sorcerer due to his overpowerness.

2. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ah, revived topics. nonetheless i'd say an archer, for the sheer dragonslaying potential.

3. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I picked fighter, for kensai. Man if I lived in forgotten realms I could soo be one of them. But a Bardic Blade comes devilishly close.

4. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Always a Swashbuckler, all the way. Love the little cutie Halflings and their hairy feet... Always make fantastic thieves they do... Anyway, it is my strong belief that there is nothing a good swashbuckler can't do, especially with a certain special ability we can't talk about on this forum ;)

5. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, actually, I voted Mage, but only after doing so, I noticed this was the SOA forum. So that vote should be changed to Fighter (Berserker) since I only enjoy playing a pure mage if he uses the kit introduced in TOB. :D

6. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I voted sorcerer. I know my personality suits Bard best. But I don't like traveling, so sorcerer it is. BTW I more like scorching everything on my way. And if you want to beat the law enforcers, you gotta have a mage.

Sorcerer beats mage because the spells are available wherever/whenever, which makes him less versatile, but hey ;)

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Meh...if you know what you're doing, it shouldn't make that much of a difference whether you have a Sorcerer or a Mage.

8. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

It would have to be a fighter, but this is only if you have multiclassed it with thief or mage or both, or are planning to dual the fighter later to a mage.

9. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Paladin. I can't live without an Inquisitor's dispel and true sight, unless I use the Anti-Paladin kit from Tactics. (basically the same thing)

10. Hellheart Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I voted mage , but actually I would have to say human dualclassed kensai/mage like I'm playing now. He's always at the front row to hack with his longsword (+++++) , and throw in some spells now and then (although he's a defensive caster ; I intend to use Imoen later on as an offensive caster). Shame for his alignment though , I wasn't able to get him chaotic evil (as he has a demonic background ; although Bhaal is a devil !!HATE BAATEZU!! , my character descends from a demon !!WORSHIP TANAR'RI!!), so I made him neutral evil instead.

11. Neimad Snave the Dark Bladed Gems: 1/31

Theives are the way forward for evil players but when its time to be good id say sorcerers are the best things since sliced kabold meat!

12. Thehobbit Gems: 1/31

DRUIDS! :p

13. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Servant of Torm himself, Paladin of course

14. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I have voted for the cleric. A big second place for the paladin though!

15. Kyiro Gems: 1/31

Well, in all fairness, I had to go with Bard, they remain -to me- a class of their own, able to do almost anything and handling it with grace and a uniqueness that just speaks of something totally different. I guess I like the image of a wandering hero, who's not really great at one thing, but rather good at alot of things.

Also, if I were to be stuck in TFR, I would most certainly be a Bard myself... hehe, it's just a love of the character concepts, ideas and also the implementation of those into BG2 that makes the Bard something absolutly amazing to me.

16. Mower the Mage Gems: 1/31

The most potentially powerful PCs in any AD&D game have always been Magic Users. You all know it. ;)

17. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Fighters (and in BG2, berserkers) are my favorites.
    Not too much subtletiy for my PC please... And I think it's pretty powerful as well, but it was not the question.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow, the Sorcerer has pulled into the lead...that was my second choice, so yay! :rolling:

19. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Fighters, closely followed by thieves.

20. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I love to roleplay as a halfling thief. I love 'em! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.