1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hide in shadows bug?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Elvenblade, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm at the horde fortress and my halfling rogue have until now had no problem getting stealthed. His skills are around 6-8.

Now however for no apparant reson his sucess rate, along with the rest of the part, is 100% failure. I click the button and I get a "hide failed" message but no sound effect.
    Reloading didn't help.

Mods I have are: Light of Selune, Ease of use and slowdown fixes. And of course official patch.

What's up?

2. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Is he maxed-out in Hide and Move Silently, does he have the maximum possible score for his character level? (Character level - 3, character level not class level?)
    Is he wearing anything with armor check penalties?
    Apart from that I don't know.

3. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Solved the problem some time ago, but just in case someone else get's this glitch.

What I believe caused the glitch was that my rogue had used a potion of invisibility and was disarming traps. He failed with one trap and got hit with one of those nasty light of selune traps.
    After that I believe his invisibility got dispelled or he attacked something and I then tried to hide in shadows, which didn't work as I earlier mentioned.

I got rid of the glitch by frenetically clicking the hide in shadows button a second or two until I got the proper sound effect and my rogue disappeared.

After that there haven't been any problems.

4. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

The stealth mode has a few other peculiarities as well, such as when one of your buff spells fails due to the target being invisible, it takes literally AGES (read: at least a full round) for the hide mode to vanish off if you manually break it by unhiding. And that's quite a while *after* the character doll has no longer been transparent.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.