1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitrax's Goodbye

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kitrax, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was reminded earlier that this was 6 months ago yesterday. :(

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    And perhaps it's high time for a reminder, that no matter what you're going through, it can and WILL get better!

Talk to someone before you do something rash, something final. Kitrax will NEVER be able to post on these boards again, or find a new girl to replace his ex. He'll never be able to take it back.

Talk to someone. If you don't have anyone, there are a lot of folks on these message boards who would gladly take the time. Heck, sometimes it's easier sharing with someone who you don't know in person.

There's ALWAYS a way out. Sometimes all it takes is a new sunrise.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Saw that today would have been Kit's birthday. Spiraled back down this thread as a result.

Still sad.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes indeed. Still hard to believe given what he seemed to have going for him.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He'll always be remembered here.

[​IMG]

6. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Wow, I know that I became a somewhat infrequent visitor here after I joined the military but I can't believe that I missed this. Kitrax was one of my favorite posters here and I'm really sad to find that he's gone. If only he had seen how much people cared for him....it's quite impressive for an internet community to even make such an attempt to help somebody out.

RIP Kitrax

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    It's been one year but Kitrax is not forgotten.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A year already? Where does the time go?

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It sure hasn't stopped hurting. :(

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wonder how his family are doing. Poor guy. Still miss the big geek

11. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I still think about him. I remember his jokes that made me laugh and his rants on Utah drivers... RIP man!

12. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I was in a catholic church today. You can burn candles for someone so I lighted one for him. I know he is a bad boy for how he went, but still.

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm only just seeing this for the first time now. I am stunned... I guess I always assumed that if I ever came back here it would be just like it always was, but this is bringing that thought crashing back down to reality. Life really is too short, it's not something we should ever take for granted. Unfortunately this is something I've come to truly appreciate over the last fee months.

I hope you're in a better place, Kit. I'll be saying a prayer for you tonight.

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Seeing this bumped, I read through it again. It really is so saddening to see someone so unhappy that they are prepared to take their own life.

Again, RIP Kit.

15. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    2 years today... Time to remember.

RIP Kit.

Marceror likes this.
  16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    It is strange, but for some reason I now always remember November 1st as the day Kitrix died. Reading this thread is always very eerie to me.

17. Silvery

Media:
    I can't believe it's been 2 years. I still remember what I was doing when he posted that first message :(

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My conversation with the Sandy Police Department is not one I'll forget soon.

19. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I personally did not knew Kitrax, but I knew him through the old friend that initially got me interested in this board, and from what I was told, he was an all-around great guy, and a devastating loss to the community. A friend of a friend is my friend... peace to your soul, man.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

well, ****.

I just spent the last hour catching up on this thread and crying my eyes out.

I really feel like a schmuck for drifting away...only to pop back for a moment in August of that year.

Yeah, 'what ifs' are running through my head; they'll pass once I come to terms with this.

Aaron, I wish this hadn't happened, but I hope that whatever has come next for you is better and makes you happy and fulfilled, because you truly deserve it.

Goodbye, dear friend. It won't be as much fun without you.

Oh, and what this community did in light of things?

THANK YOU. You all rawk to the extreme. [​IMG]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.