1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Movies

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Aug 25, 2011.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I was having lunch today and they were playing the Princess Bride, which got me to thinking. It's easily one of my favorite movies. My definition of favorite is that I thought it was awesome when I watched it, I can watch it over an over, I will put up with TNT commercials or equal horrors, if I see it on somewhere, I will watch it, even if I cannot sit through the whole thing, and it stands up to the test of time.

With those criteria, I have five that fit:

The Princess Bride
    Shawshank Redemption
    The Sting
    Caddyshack
    Animal House

The latter two are probably not nearly in the class of the first three as far as quality of movie goes, but I really can watch them over and over - which probably says something about me.

You?

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Caine Mutiny
    Bringing Up Baby
    12 O'Clock High
    High Noon
    Bird Cage

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All 5 are on my list as well DMC. I would also add...

The Godfather I & II
    The Hustler
    The Color of Money
    Tommy Boy(I grew up with not 1 but 2 fat friends named Tommy that had stupid crap happen to them all of the time.)
    Good Fellas
    12 Angry Men

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Das Boot
    High Fidelity
    The Omen
    Conan The Barbarian
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Apocalypse Now
    Platoon
    Cross Of Iron
    Night Of The Living Dead
    Natural Born Killers
    From Dusk Till Dawn

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Shawshank Redemption
    Das Leben der Anderen
    The Usual Suspects
    Amistad
    Edward Scissorhands
    Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels
    Boondock Saints

Oh, there are so many favourites.

Triactus likes this.
  6. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I got a few of those. Will list up some of them.

1. Blade Runner
    2. The Three\four Musketeers (2 movies from the 70s).
    3. Willow
    4. Jaws
    5. Alien + Aliens
    6. Star Wars ep 4-6
    7. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    8. Terminator 1
    9. Total Recall
    10. The Shining
    11. Bubba Ho-Tep

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Good question. I never know what to answer to that. Here's a few :

The Usual Suspects
    Lost Highway
    Mulholland Drive
    Memento
    Interview with a Vampire
    Godfather I
    Apocalypse Now

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Definitely The Princess Bride and Shawshank Redemption.

One I haven't seen above that I'll watch if I ever see it playing is Kung Fu Hustle. It just has such great action and comedy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.