1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The coolest Shadows of Amn enemy

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Baronius, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I always thought beholders were really cool. Very hard to whoop, until you get balduran's shield, but very cool.

2. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Matron Mother.

She had Irenicus back-peddlin' apologies quick enough when those two elves were going to blab.
    Irenicus apologises to no-one.

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Irenicus is good as always, but I think props should be given to Saemon Havarian, Aran Linvail, Drizzt&co (if you do decide to fight him)

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

The fighter in Nalia's keep who has one of the flail heads.

He's a complete wimp, a beastmaster'd whack him with a normal club, but i just love to fight him. Usualy i spend him to experimentation with spells. Hold, various tortures, heal. Repeat. The point being, he's still aware of everything that's going on around him, only unable to move.
    In fact, any regular fighter is a fun opponent. Levels 7-20 or so make great test mice. :evil:

5. lord of the realm Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

irenicus by far

that voice etc its just so nice done and the fact that he also know he is a very strong mage and "abuses" his power is briliant

the other one i also like is i dont know his name exactly but id habid or something he throws scimitars to your had , man he got style :p

(soz for any mistakes in text)

6. Arrowbrook Gems: 1/31

I am completely intriuged by the female vampires. I love the way they seem to sway, like they're listening to music. It's hypnotizing! They make cool sounds, too...and I just love driving a stake through a coffin.

7. Lontryuin Gems: 1/31

My two favourites are:

Irenicus (character, voice, appearance)
    Mind Flayers (otherwordly and horrifying to look at)

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Havent there been similar topics before this? I swear I've posted in Baronius' topic for favourite enemy...but my name wasn't in the list...so here goes.

All the people in the Twisted Rune encounter...they're the coolest. Also...Kangaxx!!

I just love his voice, his attitude...he's cool! :D

9. Cryohydropyro Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Irenicus has some cool dialogue, that's for sure... but he's better with the Tactics Mod installed...

For me, however, Tactics Mod or no, the best enemy I have ever seen/fought is Kangaxx. His forms, both lich and demi-lich, is so powerful that I reloaded a lot of times just to master him... He was quite hard to beat because the only weapon(IMO) that can deal him a fair amount of damage is Dragon's Breath. After fighting him(her?), I think that D&D should be Dungeons and Demiliches instead. :p

Bodhi runs close!

10. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Irenicus is alright, I guess...he can't compare to Sarevok though...not in voice, character or behaviour...IMO of course!

My favourite enemy's either Sarevok (he's in the game...don't you doubt it!)...or all of the vampires. Vampires are cool.

11. Rudiger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Kangaxx is, IMO, all or nothing. Depending on your tactics and equipment he's either nigh on impossible or an easy way of getting a great ring.

I would say Yoshimo, were it not for the fact that I cant bring myself to see him as my enemy. IMO he's a proper tragic character, and seeing as I took my screen name from the most tragic dude in the Nieblungenlied, I guess its fair to say I've a weakness for those doomed by honor and circumstance.

Personally I'd have to vote for the "daystar lich". Chunking him is pretty much a right of passage in all my games, so it always makes me feel like I'm ready for whoever when I kill him. Plus I really like the idea of a hideously powerful entity who wants nothing more than to chill out somewhere they shouldn't get bothered too much.

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The diseased gibberling in the Copper Coronet animal pens. Ugh. *shudder*

I still get nightmares sometimes.

13. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

On Irenicus:

On Yoshimo:

Granted, he's tragic. But he also betrays you to the man who steals your soul, and he himself tries to kill you. I have a hard time not classifying that as "enemy." In many ways, betrayal by a friend is worse that outright enmity.

There's a great little line in Torment about Fall-From-Grace. The demon that runs the store with all the exotic items mentions that the most successful seductress is the one who can seem virtuous. I would suggest that the fact that we don't want to hate Yoshimo is a point in favor of him being a great villain.

14. Daemonlaud Gems: 1/31

Veteran

My favourite enemy...doesn't have to be!

The Spectator just had me in stitches every time I talked to him.

"after this Bhaalspawn squashes you into so much mush-"
    "Hey! That might not necessarily happen!"
    "Uh...yes...anyway..."

"Great. Now I get to guard an empty chest for the next forty years!"

"Parades, gold, new torture racks, it could all be yours."

"Oh, you know. Find the nearest Hive. Check out the ladies. The usual."
    ROFL.

HAHAH yep! And their cute hats.

For raw visual coolness, the ones that totally got to me were
    i) Thylx'(untypable)- that nasty she Shadow Dragon gave me the shock of my life when the fog revealed her for the first time. I mean...AHHHHHHHHH....oh...she...she...isn't gonna hurt me..? And then coming back a month later and thrashing her ass.
    ii) Firkraag, because I'm a dolt, I had NO idea about that twist regarding who was behind the Windspear debacle. I got a bigger shock than when I walked into Shadow Dragon...uh...hi...big, red...
    iii) Demi-lich - coz he made me laugh and spooked me. First time I saw him...aw...liddle floating skull...goochie-goochie...ow. Stop..OW!...ST..OW@! STOP IMPRISONING US! *float float*

Shudder.

[ June 05, 2004, 18:54: Message edited by: Daemonlaud ]

15. Maettt Flaqq Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Irenicus was using his badassness to use the Matron Mother. He was toying with her-- he could've chunked her with EASE. He was cool. Am I the only one who recognized David Warner's voice for what it was? Or did you ALL think Alan Rickman?

Mind Flayers are very cool, as are Werewolves...

and Kangaxx was AWESOME! "Now you have truly released me and the world will turn to ash for your sin." d00d! SERIOUS! He's friggin long and difficult to fight if you munchkin to hell! DANG! And he tells you the WORLD WILL TURN TO ASH FOR YOUR SIN! Nothing beats that! That trumps all! How many villains have ever said that the world will TURN TO ASH FOR YOUR SIN!?!?!?

16. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@Daemon & Reese" That's really funny lol :p

17. Youko Bazuttu Gems: 1/31

favorite chars would have to be drizzt do'urden and jon irenicus

drizzt bucause... well everybody loves drizzt ^_^
    and irenicus because of voice dialog appearance and dealing with him

i think coolest common enemies are nabussu demons (sometimes appear as glabrezu's but with wrong appearance)

18. Harlas Nar Hallas Gems: 1/31

Favorite enemy? Probably either the Spectator in BG2, or the horde of enemies in Sendai's lair for TOB. I enjoy the chaos when you fight her slaves. It seemed like fighting a wall the first time I did it; Imoen died that time....

19. Danthorg Gems: 1/31

irenicus and sarevok in hell
    dragons are pretty cool too

-Danthorg

20. Siegfried IV. Gems: 1/31

My top 10 is
    1)Jon Irenicus
    2)Adalon
    3)Firkraag
    4)Thaxx....... (i don't know it's full name, the shadow dragon)
    5)Nizaman......(i don't know it's full name either, it was before the last dragon that i killed in nine hell)
    6)Bodhi
    7)Adamantite Golems (which were in Suldanesselar)
    8)Elder Orbs, Beholders
    9)Ulitharids, Mind Flayers
    10)The guys who were in Temple-Sewers
    (But none of them dared to kill my Undead Hunter with his Carsomyr) :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.