1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Montresor, Jul 4, 2011.

?

Which is your favourite romance?

1. Aerie

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Anomen (Chaotic Neutral)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Anomen (Lawful Good)

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. Jaheira

25 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. Viconia

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  6. None!

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Something from a mod (please specify)

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Which is your favourite romance in BG2? Mine is Jaheira - best plot, and she seems a more complete and fleshed-out character than the other options.

2. Tharlok Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I voted for Aerie - haven't tried to romance Anomen so I can't say anything about that. While I admit that the Jaheira story is good, the romance is just not my cup of tea. Viconia is interesting since you can play it either good or evil. Still - my favorite has always been Aerie.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jaheira, it goes without saying. Better than Clueless or Viconia by a long mile.

4. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Aerie's sweet innocence gets the nod.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aerie was a moany, whiny, annoying little poo! I'd have to say Viconia. More interesting than Jahiera and less annoying than Aerie. However, if it was real life i'd say deffo Aerie. You could manipulate her totally. She'd definitely pick you up from the pub at 2am in the morning and not get on at you for being pissed!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

6. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    give me a break, romance? theyre all rubbish

7. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I honestly don't know which I'd call best at the moment-there are a couple of mods I haven't finished yet.

8. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I went for Jaheira. Its been years since I have played BG2, and I have tried all the romances. The Jaheira one is the only one I remember, so it was probably the one I liked the best.

9. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31

Jaheira all the way for me. I like the Aerie and Viconia matches, but Jaheira's rules.

Sure she's a bit of a *****, but that makes it more challenging. She's more mature than Aerie and more stable than Viconia.

I also like the guts the developers show in making her an option. How often is a widow the female romantic lead? Sure it happens, but usually the spouse is in the ground when the story starts. Otherwise the spouse is dead at the end of act one, often without a line of dialogue. Khalid is a full fledged character and his loss must be dealt with. It's an intriguing storyline.

Aerie and Viconia are classic Damsels in Distress when you meet them. Same for Mazzy, Nalia, or most of the other modded romances.

Jaheira is happily married and a successful Druid (all the Shadow Druids know her on sight) when you meet her at the FAI. During the course of your adventures, she loses her family and her career as a Harper, and yet she sticks by you.

The stuff of legends, right, Boo?

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Tough choice. Viconia's romance was the best of the original 3 chics. I found Aerie to be a PITA and Jaheira looks like a freakazoid in BG2. Her original portait was much better. But I really liked the Saerilith mod more than the original three babes. Never tried Anomen, playing female PCs is just not my cup of tea.

Vhailor likes this.
  11. Beetle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Another vote for Jaheira (though I always end up swapping her portrait for the BG1 version). Aerie eventually grew on me, but never matched the depth of Jaheira.

The Fade (Spellhold Studios) and Nalia (PPG) romances might've gotten the nod if they included TOB content.

12. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31

I always wished that Nalia had been a Bioware romance. I am happy to see J getting so many votes. Personally I use a Jaheira hybrid custom portrait, her SOA portrait with a BG hair style.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like having all three in a party. The cat fights are awesome and you can never have too many clerics when your being pursued by vampires.

Viconia's back story was the most compelling, but Jaheira's quests and overall banter was better.

14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I usually go for Jaheira -- "copper for your thoughts."

Anomen (LG) would be the next most common.

I've also had one run with Viccy, and one with Aerie.

15. Fathus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Its gotta be Aerie. Jaheira is too tomboy-ish. Could lead to complicatons in the bedroom dept ie; top/bottom and such. :p

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why would that be a complication?

starfox64 likes this.
  17. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31

In reality it simplifies things. You've obviously never slept with a tomboy. Your loss.

18. Ben Snow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I went with Aerie. But that is mostly because I always ran into the bug that killed the Jaheria romance. It's been years since I played BG though.

19. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

And that's a problem... why again? :p Or maybe it's just that I like tomboys...

Voted for Jaheira, though I personally am fond of Imoen as well.

Yes, get those gallows out, I'll wait :p

20. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

Aerie here, the epilogue to her romance is by far the best in my opinion. I never thought she was whiney. She's by far the one whom I most relate to the romance theme from BG2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.