1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Video on laptop - half screen only

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by petey, Jul 23, 2011.

1. petey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

installed nwn on laptop for the first time. but the game is only half the size of the screen with a black border all around it. i have another game on laptop civ 3. and it does the same. is there anyway to make it full screen on a laptop or am i stuck with half a screen size?

2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Try: on desktop, right click -> properties -> setting, click on the 2nd screen -> enable "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" -> click OK.

I had a similar problem on my brother's laptop and that tip from mystvilla solved it.

3. petey Gems: 1/31

thanks for the tip. i tried it though. didnt work for me. i have windows 7. when i click the desktop it doesnt even bring up properties. but then again i am computer illiterate so ........ hah

4. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Petey what GPU do you have? Heres what you want to do. go into your gpu settings and hit something that makes it so that games and fullscreen programs fill the full screen but keep the aspect ratio. It sounds like its set to keep the same res on the laptop. With lcds I prefer to fullscreen but keep the same Aspect ratio that way it fills the top and bottom but keeps bars on the sides and doesnt over stretch the game making it look horrible by comparison.

5. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yep. If you have trouble changing the settings then just tell us whether your laptop has ATI/Nvidia/etc.

6. petey Gems: 1/31

well im completely lost hah. but i did find something under display adapters. it says ATI mobility but didnt seen anything in there i can change like that.

7. Topken

I will let someone else help with that since I have never had an ATI card in the past.

8. Paracelsi

Media:
    I was hoping you had Nvidia. It's been a while since I last used an ATI card.

What you're basically looking for is a program called Catalyst Control Center. Just start it up, and check the Scale to Full Screen option. I'm sure they've changed the layout of CCC, so you'll have to do a bit of searching.

9. petey Gems: 1/31

well i had fits trying to find the ccc and things. hah darn computer illiteracy again. but anyway i did find a decent solution.

while in game went and changed the resolution of the game itself. changed it to match my monitor 1600x900 and now it works. the game is working full screen. the character portrait and some other boxes are still smaller than normal. but for the game itself it is finally running full screen.

but on another subject. i saw on my other post blackpearls and map codes. i have 5 stars beside it . whats up with that? only had 2 responses in it. just wondering what the stars mean.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The stars are just a thread rating based on votes. Look at the top of any thread and there's a "Rate Thread" pulldown that lets you vote.

11. Topken

In the NWN options did you click to use the larger fonts? That might help with being able to see everything

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.