1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What places do you really like in the game?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Neeraj the Freak Paladin, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Spoiler for those not in Chapter 5 yet...

I really like the Gnome place in the Underdark! I honestly did not expect to see decent people where Drow live! Think about it, if Dungeons and Dragons was real, and you and your party were forced to venture in the Underdark, wouldn't it totally be a sight for sore eyes to see the Gnome place there?

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

They're Dwarves, IIRC.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The dwarves are Duerger. They're the mean ones you run into. The nice ones are Deep Gnomes, or Svirfneblin (sp?). These are what I believe he's talking about. The ones in the village at the top part of the map, where they ask you to bury the demon in the cave, correct?

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I think your right Death Rabbit...

My favourite place has got to be Brynnlaw... I dont even know why. I just love the place hehe :D

5. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Umar Hills for me. Why? Because I like the setting...

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

DR: :doh: I think I was thinking of the merchants to the south, whoever they are. I think.

7. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

mine would have to be island with all the pirates, the name escapes me right now

8. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

That would be Brynlaw, I think.

I like the maze in Spellhold and Firkraags dungeon! So much to do there.

9. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Same as Daephon, Umar Hill. A nice place with not too many trees.

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

For me, probably Umar Hills as well, as I usually play as a Ranger and it's just a good place to rest and chat to people. Although, Trademeet is pretty cool when Neeber shows up.

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I like Athkatla the best. You could spend hours searching through all the houses. Some really awesome fights (mostly liches) are there. I really like the setting too. It's a big place with lots of freedom, not like in a dungeon where you have to get out.

12. Farthy Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Every area in the game. (with the possible exception of those hellish areas and the stinky dungeons)

The aura that I experience in each area is very unique, and coupled with great music, it makes this game easily my favorite RPG. For example, in the jungle near the Druid Grove, there's a sense of mystery but also of curiosity, which IMO is very cool. Athkatla lets me explore a world very similar to our own, but yet unique in the beliefs of its denizens and the way they interact. Finally, at Suldanessar, there's an atmosphere of comfort, but also a sense of importance. Basically, the areas in this game and the experiences you get from playing through them are more than exceptional. I actually could not personally connect to any other game as well as this one. I think it would be really cool just to spend a day exploring a place in this game, of course provided that I couldn't get hurt.

Now excuse me if all of this is way beyond the original intentions of this topic...

13. Harkle Gems: 16/31

Irenicus' Dungeon.

Just kidding. ;)

Honestly, I really like Athkatla. It's pity that you can't go in all parts of the city (like in BG1). Ok, other parts are mostly residental areas, so it wouldn't be very interesting at all.

14. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I liked Trademeet the most, it reminds me of the town I live in.

Also the Drow city had a cool design.

15. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I like the underdark in the whole. The drow city is awesome, also the gnome and the illithid cities. They are areas that gives you a lot of information about what is boling beneath the earth.

Nice place, I think I'm going to build a summer-house here... :D

16. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The elven city Suldanesselar isr eally nice. Especially the architecture. Although asylum is pretty cool too.

17. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Harkle...
    What do you mean? There's no part you can't enter. There are house in every sector so, there is residential (although not enough fore a large city like Athkatla IMO).

18. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Gotta be the De'Arnise keep, my favorite dungeon and stronghold.

19. Harkle Gems: 16/31

@ Mystra's chosen

I mean houses and places between and around districts (when you look at Athkatla's map, you see many places where you can't go in game)

20. Thor Gems: 10/31

My fav place would be any wooded area. I dunno, i just like the ambience, music, and the wood in general! It's so cozy :)

On the other hand i like Brynnlaw to! A harbortown somewhat.. Complete with pirates and everything! Hate it that spellhold is there though. Could have replaced it with a real Jungle, and put Spellhold somewhere else. Another plane maybe?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.