1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Another Reason not to like Soccer

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jun 29, 2011.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Link

Actually, depending on your view this may be a reason to like it. Where else do you get a coach claiming his team lost because it was STRUCK BY LIGHTNING?

I mean, c'mon, I'm a jock so I've heard a ton of excuses (and used several) in my life for why people lose -- but I have never, ever, heard anyone break out the struck by lightning excuse. Gotta hand it to the N. Koreans, as there's no way to verify it given their secrecy.

However, let's throw them a bone and assume it's true. Wouldn't you yank your team off the field after the first one was hit by lightning? Even if we go Caddyshack here and figure -- oh, the heavy stuff isn't coming down for a while and, after all, that girl was only so-so anyway, it would seem to me the second or third strike would make you call it a day.

Just sayin'.
    :lol:

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The article implied it was one strike that injured multiple people, which is possible but unlikely.

Then again seeing how many times my mother has been hit by lightning :shake:

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    :lol: Well, maybe he was saying that one lightning strike got all five of them. (I don't know - maybe they were all touching the goal or something...)

EDIT: Ninja-ed by 8!

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    That'll teach them to be running around a field, instead of in the kitchen making me a sandwich!

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Don't confuse my Caddyshack take off with facts please. :p

6. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I clicked on the link as saw the pictures right away. Heck, it looks more like a picture of girls in white uniform celebrating while a bunch of guys in red looking disgusted. And then it dawned to me it's Women's World Cup. :p

7. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The stupiest excuse that I have ever heard, comes from a basketball coach. He claimed that his team was defeated because the ball in this game was Molten and not Spalding :lol:.

8. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Or perhaps God is a fan of the USWNT. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.