1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I bought the Balls of Steel edition. 75 euros, but man, a bust of the Duke himself.

The game is really pretty meh.

2. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I wanted that just for the bust. I ended up not getting the game atall.

I might get it through... Other means.

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hard to explain the Duke to young gamers. I really should have wait until prices were cut, but what the heck.

Lets say that bubblegum is back on the menu.

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Yikes, I just realized that last month, I'd been a member here for ten years. Not really the most active member, but still...

5. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Eurogamer reviewed Duke Nukem, gave it a 3/10.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I, for one, am glad that you're not too active. :p j/k
    Congrats! And that many decennia may follow. :) I'll have a Leffe Blond on you and play some blues/soul/funk.

7. Mesmero

Don't think I didn't notice what you did there, MoN. I ditched that name years ago ;)

And I notice you're approaching the ten year mark as well. Why have we never in all those years drank a Leffe Blond (or something similar) together? :p

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Perhaps we should have another Dutch meetup :D

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Phone lines went dead here.

So what did I do?

Well I've created another planet in two days.

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    What a crappity crap week. And it's only Tuesday!

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Why not. perhaps at Castlefest or Elf fantasy fair to add a bit of scenery flavour.

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 2 seconds later... ----------

What a glorious week. Only 18 hours of work left in June.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Another" Dutch meetup? Did I miss something?
    I'd like that. I'm not too fond of Elf Fantasy Fair and the like, though. Sorry. So if you want to have a meeting and want to make sure that I won't come, but still you want to seem polite enough anyway and invite me, then fix a meeting at the Elf Fantasy Fair. :D

13. Merlanni

Media:
    Suggestions.(positive ones)

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    If we want to enjoy some Leffe, I think the best place would be a pub :D There are a few good of them in Den Haag

15. Mesmero

I wasn't invited either :( :p

As for suggestions... it would be nice to have a look around the Elf Fantasy Fair once, but drinking a beer with you guys sounds fun as well. Maybe pick a terrasje in Den Haag (or Amsterdam or somewhere) one afternoon when the weather gets better again?

16. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Yesterday my city broke it's prior heat record. The temperature topped out at 102F (~38C). Now Florida gets hot, but it usually isn't that bad! The worse part is that I have to drive from job 1 to job two at noontime, and it was probably 40 (4.4C) or more degrees hotter in the vehicle than outside.
    Hope the weather breaks soon. We need rain, and lots of it.

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We've had a remarkably convenient summer so far... rain every so often and while the day temperatures are a bit under 30° C these days, it cools down to around half that overnight so everything gets to cool off. I can only wish it'd stay this way.

18. Merlanni

Media:
    9 hours work left in June. And it started to rain.

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Luxury!

I remember one July day here when I was a lad. It was 150°F at 5:00am, but it warmed up nicely after that. People wearing certain synthetic fibres had the clothes melt off their bodies. We went to a nearby lake to cool off, which was fine at first, but by noon, the heat had evaporated all the water, so all that was left was a dry lake bed and a few angry sharks. Mom wanted to make a roast beef for dinner, and she decided that, instead of using the oven, she would just put it in the barbeque in the sun, no briquettes needed; it was ready in 15 minutes. We didn’t have air conditioning, so when we were ready for bed, we had to go into the basement and take turns sleeping in the freezer. Fortunately the blizzard we had the next day cooled things off.

T2Bruno likes this.
  20. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Apparently, Splunge is in an odd frame of mind and has decided to share that with us in just about every forum on the boards.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.