1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Looks Like NO Ring for LeBron

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    While I'm not a Heat fanboy, I do not hold the same hatred and dislike towards the Heat (or specifically LeBron) as most people who aren't Heat fans do. The Decision was a terrible idea (as I'm sure even LeBron would admit at this point in an honest moment). That said, I was kind of pulling for Dirk, and to a lesser extent, Jason Kidd.

It's not going to happen.

The Heat did not play a particularly good game last night, and they still won. Neither team shot well (DAL: 37%, MIA: 38%), but the thing is, I can see the Heat improving on that number more than the Mavs will. Dallas just does not watch up well with the Heat. They don't really have a shut down defender to put on either LeBron or Wade (Kidd has slowed down enormously), and as for an inside presence, Dirk is not particularly good on defense, and Chandler might even be a defensive liability. Unlike the Heat, they need big time minutes and production from their bench players, and they didn't get much of that last night. On the other hand, LeBron is a shut down defender (which partially explains the poor shooting from Terry, Peja, and Barea last night).

I don't see the defense for the Heat going away, and I don't see the Mavs being able to hold the Heat to under 40% shooting for the series either. Dallas can't play "left handed". They aren't going to beat you with defense. In a game last night where the Heat put up 92, you have to win those games if you're going to win the series. It's quite possible that 92 will be the Heat's low score in the series.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, tonight's game is going to go a long way to say if you are right or not. That fourth quarter collapse in game 2 was probably an aberration, but maybe not.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I believe now that games 4 and 5 for the Mavs are must-win games. They cannot go back to Miami down 3-2, and win the series. As for game 2, I don't know if it was an abberation, but it's certainly not something you can rely on. The Mavs have shown they can hang with the Heat though - all 3 games have been close.

I just think that in the end, the Heat are better.

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Dirk has been good, but Wade is a monster right now. Unless he gets hurt, Miami should close this series out quick. Dallas has given there all, but it's not enough. They have no one who can stop Wade. Dirk can't drop 40 a night against Miami's Defense. The Mavs bench nees to start scoring like they did against LA.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't have much to say other than "Go Mavs"

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Has Lebron showed up on any milk cartons yet?

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

After this series is over, I am going to wake up one morning and go get my breakfast. The Wheaties box will have Dirk and Wade on it, the Milk Carton will have Lebron...:D

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LeBron is a (censored word). That's as much thought and energy as I'm ever willing to invest on the subject.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I still feel the need to point out - as I did a few days ago - that after the Heat went up 2-1, Games 4 and 5 became must-win games for Dallas. They won game 4, but it will all be for naught if the Heat win game 5. I don't think even the most avid Mavs fan will like his team's chances if they have to go back to Miami and win both.

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I completely agree. I wonder if Lebron comes out so hot to show he's not a puss that he throws his whole team out of rhythm. Should be interesting.

11. Blades of Vanatar

This game will be HUGE for Lebron. He needs a monster game and a win. Dallas should realize this and adjust their gameplan to capitalize...

12. dmc

Media:
    Weakest looking triple-double. He clearly was afraid of trying to score in the fourth quarter and was trying to just set up his team-mates as much as possible. His shot looked aweful. Choker.

Man I hope Dallas takes game 6.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    If they shoot like they did last night, they will - I think they were around 70% from 3-point range.

And yeah - you can't be too picky with a triple double, but it wasn't impressive. I think we can end the discussion with classing LeBron with MJ. Jordan didn't play games like that.

14. Blades of Vanatar

I completely agree. Lebron is no MJ. Hell, he is no Kobe for that matter. Makes you wonder who is the best palyer on the Heat right now? I think Wade is....

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    For the first time since this series started, I think the Mavs had a chance. I thought they were in big trouble when they went done 2-1, because only by winning the next two could I envision them going back to Miami and taking the series. I may have to reconsider the title of this post.

17/10/10 is a big night, it just didn't seem like it was a big night, and I watched most of the game. I missed the first quarter in getting Jack to bed, but I watched everything from there on out, and even when Wade left the game for a while, it's like everyone ELSE stepped up to keep the game close EXCEPT LeBron.

Where is the intensity? That's why he's no Jordan. If Jordan was playing last night, and Scottie Pippen got hurt, MJ would have said, I'm going to need to score 40 if we're going to win, and damn it, he'd go out a put up a 40.

I think the reason that it seemed like such a quiet triple double is that the last 6 minutes of the game he was 2/0/0.

16. Blades of Vanatar

Triple-doubles are just stats. Sometimes they reflect greatness, but not always. There are some gimme rebounds and assists to be had in every game. Lebron had a few of each last night. When teammates make tough shots off your lazy pass, you still get an assist though you didn't actualy create for your teammate. Long rebounds are another case of gimme stats. Wade is a bit smaller than Lebron, but he challenges shots of big men constantly. I think he is the real star on that team. Lebron can be and sometimes is, but in the finals he has to step up.

17. dmc

Media:
    Wade is definitely the Batman on the Heat. Lebron going there screamed out "I wanna be Robin." Heck, with Bosh going there too, it might be screaming out "Batgirl" instead . . .

:p

I LOVE dissing on Lebron. He had every right to go whereever he wanted, but the Decision was SO unbelievably egotistically lame that my immediate response was "May you never win a title you monstrous quitter/baby/whiner/etc."

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oscar Robertson had a triple double in every single game one season. Kind of makes a single game triple double seem trivial....

19. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Didn't he average a triple double in one season?

20. dmc

Media:
    I believe that Kullervo is correct here.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.