1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen - take her or leave her?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Orkrist the Cleaver, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I noticed when I didn't take Imoen after resuing her (I really don't need her or want her, to be honest) in Spellhold, it causes some in-party conflict, like Minsc gets a little pissed. I didn't get BG2 so I could play it with the same party, though, and I like my party as it is for now. So, if I odn't take her, is there some trouble? I know if I had Yoshimio, he would be dead and I'd have an empty slot, but I realized he sucked pretty quick and dumped him. Do I need Imoen? What should I do here? The only one I would give up right now is H'D, and I just got him and haven't had the chance to develop him enough. When he leaves (I experimented w/o saving) he says he'll be at the theatre. Will I ever be back in Amn in later chapters? If I take Imoen, she will be underarmed, underspelled and underarmored at this point. What have you all done here?

2. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

you will be back to the city later and can find her there. i consider taking imoen or leaving her a role-playing decision. if you got to spellhold and rescued her, you should probably keep her along, she is your sister. however, if you went to spellhold to ask irenicus to join your party but he was reluctant, do whatever you wish. she isn't a must for finishing the game.

3. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Imoen have resonable theif skill and later in the game she can become quite powerful in her spell casting. In my opinion, she is the best wizard the game has to offer. I think you might want to dump H,D, he stats are shoking.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Another option is to say to Imoen that it's better to escape seperately, she will say Okay and she'll find her way to Athkala. So when you're back in Athkala you can go to the Copper Coronet and reconsider if she's necessary in your party.

But remember 1 thing. Imoen is your sister and she has the same problem as you being a child of Bhaal with a drained soul, and with the same 2 people as wordt enemy. So think about it also that you should not only play for the most powerfull party but that the story is important too and for the story it's better to have her in your party.

5. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You said that you dumped Yoshimo because he sucked???

Wow! When I saw Yoshimo, I couldn't believe my luck. He's a great thief, and if you build up his trap skills, he's quite impressive.

Not only that, but when Yoshimo betrays you in Spellhold, he has all that cool thief equipment. Free gifts for Imoen.

6. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

History wise, keep her.

Gaming wise, don't keep her.

The advice is to keep her the first time through. Second time you don't need her. But remember, that she is involved in the story of TOB, atleast according to the rumours.

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yeah, in ToB she becomes a big pink Slayer names Smurfette!

Seriously, I liked her (it helped that I played with the game on Mute most of the time and didn't have to hear her whining :) )

Her spell casting ability was great, and she knows just enough thieving skills to get past most locks and traps.

My biggest problem was that I could never find a good AI script for her. I hated having to manually make her look for traps in the dungeons, but making her an "Adventurer Thief" led to her running away during every combat.

8. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

a month ago I would tell you to leave her. Now i say take her... (see my post called "Yoshimo Crisis").. although Edwin is the best mage the game has to offer

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.