1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ankheg Armor

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Wingfoot, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In case you weren't aware, there's another set of Ankheg armor hidden in a tiny little hole in a field somewhere. I think it's in Nashkel around where Noober was... I could be wrong about the city though...

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited September 18, 2001).]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Check the tips & hints page in the BG1 section of SP. The exact coords are there. (Or BG Encyclopaedia.)

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

IIRC you can get three Ankheg plates in the game:

- The one that is buried in the field (farmer's land) in the west of the Nashkel map.
    - One is forged by the owner of the Thunderhammer Smithy when you give him an Ankheg scale and 4000 gold pieces.
    - You can also let some guy in Baldur's Gate make one for you, you had that right BTA ;)

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] So like, where exactly is the shop in Baldur's Gate that makes this armor? And do you need to bring Angkeg with you?

And Taluntain, whats a twinkle and where can you find it?

[Twinkle is the name of one of Drizzt's swords -BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited September 18, 2001).]

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

IIRC, he just gives you money for the shells, but then at first I thought that about Thunderhammer as well...

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed, there are 2 options: Sell the Ankheg's Scale for 500 gp or refuse to sell it and accept the offer to let them make an armor for you for 4000 gp.

I was pretty sure that somewhere in the eastern map op BG you can also let an Ankheg Scale be forged to a weapon but I can't find on the boards or in a walkthrough where and it is some time ago that I've been in Baldur's Gate. I suppose it can't be found for less people still have one of that heavy scales while entering Baldur's Gate, can someone else tell where exactly in BG they can make such an armor?

7. the_eleven Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

you can find the Ankheg armor in Nashkel in a field on the southwest portion of the map at x-185, y-2743.

i never heard of making a set of armor in the city of Baldurs Gate, but you can sell the shells to Fenton who resides in a locked house in the southeast portion of the same map as the High Hall. maybe he can forge a set of armor for you. i guess its worth a try.

[This message has been edited by the_eleven (edited September 20, 2001).]

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

the armor on the field is removed when you install the patch, so either pick it up before you install the patch or live without it

9. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

first u can still get the armour from the field after u install the patch, but after u get fullplate use it and a ring of protection even though it is heavier it is +2 to your armour class

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I might be worng but whats the best com-bo you can come up with Ankheg armor? My best is
    Ankheg Armor
    Helm or Balduran
    Cloak of Balduran
    AC: 0
    Can anyone else come up with some thing better?

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Full plate
    Ring of protection
    Tower shield (the missile shield)
    Helm of Balduran
    Cloak of Balduran
    Gauntlets of dex
    Defender (drizzt's scimitar)

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 24, 2001).]

12. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Lokken, what was your AC? just cure-E-ess

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

natural armor class 10

gaunts of dex, sets dex to 18: -4 to natural armor class
    full plate: -9
    tower shield: -2
    cloak: -1
    helm: -1
    defender: -2
    ring of protection: -2

let's see

10 + (-4-9-1-1-2-2-2) = 10 + (-21) = -11

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 26, 2001).]

14. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Yep there is a +2 ring of protection. You get it from the mage in the tall tower.

15. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

first your wrong on two things, the tower shield adds 2 to armour class and if you play thrugh enough you can get a 4 base armour class making it possible for a -13 armour class

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I might be wrong with the towershield, but what else?

play through enough? I never play through the game with the same guy, how boring is that. Why don't you just use the console to get those dex tomes :rolleyes:

17. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

i was speaking purly legit, or well sort of ive never actually played through that many times...
    Not enough patience
    lol

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

There is a shield in ToB that gives -2 to AC, in BG there is no shield that lowers your AC by more then 1.

As Elf you can get a dexterity af 19, does this lower your AC also one more? With the Tome of Dexterity you can even get a dex of 20. With Kiel's Buckler you can get even a dexterity of 21.... What will then we the Armor class? :)

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] IIRC there was a large shield +2 in durlag's tower hidden in the room with the rune carpet :hmm:
    This, anyway, would give -3 on AC ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited September 28, 2001).]

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Headbanger, a dex of 21 is just enough to give you one more AC ;)
    20 dex only leads to some range bonus I think, Ragusa probably knows all about this :p

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 28, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.