1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game would you like to see remade today?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by diagnull, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Someone already mentioned it, I second it: the SSI Goldbox Games. Great stories all of them, waiting to be fleshed out by the NWN2 capabilities.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey Death Rabbit,

How's this for an update?:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Movies.Detail&id=103

*sigh* I was hoping they could pull this one off, but I wasn't holding my breath either. Would have loved to check out renditions of Belhifet and Icasaracht with this engine.

@Tal

Please resist the urge to say, "I told you so". :p

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's a shame, really...

4. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    BG2 sounds good, actually, so long as they do a somewhat faithful and inventive job of it. Likewise for FF6, provided they could translate the engine well enough. I doubt that they could, but if possible...

5. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I must be one of the few people who prefers the look of the IE engine over NWN. (NWN2 wouldn't run on my current PC so I've not seen it, tbh).

I'd rather like to see games from the Ultima series remade - I only played VIII, Serpent Isle and the World's of Ultima one with dinosaurs in it (I forgot the name - Savage Empire I think). Even back then I was put off trying the older ones by the crappy graphics. Ultima IV supposedly has a lot of depth - would certainly be nice to see it remade, though not necessarily in Aurora or whatever.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I do prefer the IE look as well actually. I find the tileset system to be much more limiting and the areas feel much more same-y. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the NWN engine per se or if it's how the game was designed - I thought that IE suffered from the same problem in BG, but after playing BG2 and especially PST I was blown away by the details and variety of the background graphics.

Speaking of the Ultima series, I would love to see the Ultima Underworld games running on a modern engine. And when I say modern it doesn't have to be something like the Crysis engine - having the games even run on something like the Arx Fatalis engine would be amazing. I was briefly replaying Ultima Underworld 2 yesterday, just to remember how the game felt, and I didn't even notice 3 hours go by...

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm with Cal, absolutely love the infinity engine much more than NWN's... The isometric perspective is just plain better, and can look good too! Temple of Elemental Evil is an absolutely gorgeous looking game.

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I'll 2nd, 3rd or even 4th the support for the Infinity Engine. Graphical simplicity can be a good thing, when it lets you concentrate on the game itself. You can also stick a lot of NPCs in an IE game for less of a performance hit than NWN. For this reason, the game I'd most like to see re-made isn't probably thought of as a classic... more of a missed opportunity.

For my money, the best game to remake in IE would have to be Ultima IX. They botched this horribly from the perspective of making it a decent Ultima, at least in part due to the amount of time spent trying to implement a full 3D Britannia. They also missed the feel of the previous games by a million miles. It was sort of a fun game in its own right, if you could ignore the complete raping of the history of its predecessors, and the bugs.

It's a candidate for a complete IE re-imagining because its advanced technology (for the day) was more of a millstone than an enabler. The demands of 3D tech seriously limited what could be done with the game world, beyond making it look nice. Consequently, the land of Britannia is much smaller than it was before, and the NPCs are generally badly done, with terrible dialog. Still, at least the devs had the good sense to drop the cod-medieval "Ye Olde" style English that afflicted past Ultimas (to Ultima fanboys [& girls]: no-one spoke like that, anywhere, ever).

If I knew any more about mod-making than just making items and writing spiffy descriptions, I would so be trying to make this myself. But I don't, mercifully, so I actually have a girlfriend and a job. But it's still the one TC/remake I'd most like to see.

9. Lothandyr Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hola

Several.
    Pagan
    Ultima 7 [ so i can see the kilrathi in 3d]

But most of all BG 1 when you could summon
    TONS of skellies. The final showdown in undercity.
    RTS time with hoards of bones swarming on those foul
    fools led by Rahvin who decide MY party is the easy meat...
    hahaha

Lothandyr

---------- Added 1 hours, 26 minutes and 24 seconds later... ----------

I had several wives once.. ah well. priorities.

Lothandyr

10. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The BG games are perfect the way they are, remaking them would just risk ruining them. I'd like to see the original Diablo remade with better graphics, with more characters and content and with more depth given to the story. Metal Gear Solid remake would also be bloody sexy. And the Warcraft games, I want those aswell. Mmmm.

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Planescape Torment? Do you realize how many people here do not have played it. I got to the stage of getting Igni to the party and lost interest. It just had to many odd things like the leveling.

If that was to be remade with a modern engine and a few tweaks.

12. Gauntra Gems: 1/31

I don't know if anyone remembers this game; Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. That was one of my favorite games when I was younger. Sadly my copy was broken and I have yet to find another one. But the game itself in my opinion was really good with an awesome blend of magick and science. Id love to see a sequel or even if they remade the game. Sadly the plans were abandoned in 05.

13. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    How about redoing the classic Wizardry games?
    Generations of gamers have missed out on those classics.

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Without a doubt the Wiz seriers. Also some of the Ultima titles. Quest of the Avatar was a great game. I also would like to see some of the Gold Box games from Dragonlance remade. They could turn the Cok, DKoK and DQoK into a real nice trilogy.

15. fvig2001 Gems: 1/31

Well since it can be a game that can be re-imagined. I'd like to see the crusader series (no remorse, no regret) be remade. Of course it wouldn't make sense in a dnd like world though with the guns and all.

16. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Dragon Age 2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.