1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mandatory Mods?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by War Nerve, Apr 25, 2011.

1. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Hello folks. Once again I find myself installing the entire BG series for a semi-annual playthrough. I'm going to play a heavily modded game this time around and pick up a few I haven't tried before, so I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone would give me a few suggestions on some "must have" mods in your opinion for BG + TotSC. So far, Dark Side of the Coast and BG1 NPC Project look rather tasty.

Please note that I will not be installing BGtutu this time around, and I'm not really interested on anything that will make the game easier (such as a No Wear Limitations mod).

So! Do you have any favorites that I should immediately be made aware of!?

2. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Since you've been through the ordeal a few times before, you ought to give SCS I (Sword Coast Stratagems) a whirl. It greatly enhances the AI of the enemies, without resorting to cheating while doing so. There's also SCS II if you're to continue to BG2 later.

3. fvig2001 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'd say the widescreen mode and second on scs.

4. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

I'm kinda in the same boat only I've never played BG1 or TotSC before. Are there any mods I should get for my first playthru or should I try it as it? I'm not looking for anything to make it easier, just trying to make it... smoother I guess lol

5. EW Elmo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A smoother BG experiance

[​IMG] I really went old school, I am a Tech and I have a huge junkpile of old computers (heck, I recently dug up a TRS 80 Color Computer with a whole 4k of ram - it still worked....). So I dug up a old P3 system and loaded win98 on it. Then I put BG install on the huge 10 Gig harddrive. It worked great! Mainly when I am on the road I use my WinXP netbook, it works!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.