1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Seeking CD Crack

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by hikoh, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hikoh Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm looking for a CD crack, so that i can play Baldur's gate 2. (CD Crack : normally a file or many files added to the game folder so you can play without the CD in the drive) I'm looking for this because I want to play online with it, the only PC i can currently play it on cannot support online. I'm working on rather old PCs :( but the PC i can play online with, has burnt out it's own CD drive because the fan died and we didn't catch it soon enough.

Anyways, if anyone can please direct me to a CD crack for both shadow of AMN and Throne of Bhaal I would be very thankful. (and i do have the CDs of the game if anyone is wondering, I'm not a Pirate)

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You'll only need a no-cd patch for ToB, not SoA, as they're the same executable. Of which the only one I'd use is from GameCopyWorld which also gives you a rundown of what you are and aren't allowed to do with the file supplied. (You rename the .exe for the game and replace it with the no-CD one, you then delete it when you don't need it anymore and rename the original .exe back to it's original name.)

If you're looking for a means to install them from CD images then you're out of luck unless you buy a new CD/DVD drive. You can get relatively cheap external ones.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We don't allow discussions about cracks under normal circumstances. In your case, a no-cd patch is all you need but even that is hardly necessary as you'll obviously need to replace that CD drive anyway.

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think that this was more a confusion of terms than an attempt to bring down the games industry Tal ;)

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Another option, depending on what hardware you have available currently, can be to make an image of your ToB CD, then somehow put it on the PC you have ToB installed on and mounting the image with a program like Daemon Tools or Virtual Clonedrive.

This is what I do, anyway. It's the only way I can play it on my netbook (which doesn't have a CD/DVD drive) and generally makes me play the game more often because I don't have to go through the chore of retrieving the CD and putting it in the DVD-drive before I can play.

6. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Aaaand henkie ninjaed me.

Yeah, you don't need a crack if you have the original CD - you can just make and mount a CD image with Daemon Tools Lite.

7. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hendrix was right: 'There's too much confusion...here!

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    We all need a good crack from time to time. Just remember to warm it up first, you don't want to snap the old banjo.

9. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Yeah images would work well if you have a devent size thumbdrive or a external harddrive to place them on to transfer them to the other pc.

10. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

The easiest solution is buying a digital version which can be played without CD which you can get at gog.com for example. Other methods will take a lot of time and you can't be sure that they'll work.
    Just copying installed files and using the no cd crack won't work for example since windows games also make registry entries.

11. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'd say that creating an image and copying it to the other computer shouldn't take a lot of time. I can do it in less than 5 minutes. Depending on your connection speed it's quite likely that downloading the game will take quite a bit longer than that (the SoA iso is 3.5 GB, ToB an additional 650 MB)

Also, you don't need the registry entries for BG to work. On the PC I'm typing this on, for instance, I've got a BG installation that I copied from my previous PC. With a fresh Windows install there's no registry entries, and the pop-up that you get if you go through the default shortcut would normally let you select Play but shows Install instead, but if you just start BGMain.exe directly it still works. Don't know how Weidu handles this, so there may be some difficulties if you want to install mods.

However, this doesn't even apply to hikoh because he already has a working installation, he just needs something to work around his broken down CD-drive.

12. fvig2001 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'll look for the infinity no cd patcher if I were you. I use it all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.