1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. gheorghe Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Only want to say a Hi to all :)

Gheorghe here, PST maniac (11 yrs), 31, married :p

Nice to meet you sorcerers !

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Welcome gheorghe =)

Haha talkin' about me Splunge? :p

3. scorpion226 Gems: 1/31

just writing to say hi and how is everyone

Hi all how are you all

4. Kotokin Gems: 1/31

Hey Rawr and hello and such.

I will not lie, I am new to this website. I was sitting here in my carpet chair thinking to myself, I miss the days where I would rpg in the Msn chat rooms pretending I was a elf, so I decided to come back to the interweb world and try again. This is as far as I found. I am cool for chatting and everything, but yea. Help an oldbie out? (I'm really not that old but I really dont do computers often. I'm a Dnder irl )

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow, no one said hi to scorp ... sorry about that dude. A belated welcome.

Hello Kotokin, I don't know much about internet role playing but someone here should be able to help you out.

6. xdiesp Gems: 1/31

Hello people, I came over from the GOG forums.

Recently bought BG1+2, recently finished IWD 1+2. Or more specifically... played IWD1, spent like a million hours in the IWD2 character creator to understand and savor the 3E rules, then breezed through the game proper. I guess the experience will help me with BG2.

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Welcome to the SP boards, xdiesp! :wave:

8. ponokareefer Gems: 1/31

Just found this forum after being on gamebanshee's forum. I love icewind dale 2, and really wish they would come out with another party d & d game again.

9. gener1 Gems: 1/31

Spend my spare time on one game or another!

The first game I played was Advent a real chalange written in Fortran and used a Ked editor if needed on a D E C computer. That was around 25 years ago maybe longer. I looked it up last year and downloaded it. Nothing like the modern games. Everything was typing and memory mostly underground absolutely no graffics. My first post was around 1995 never knowing this tread was here. Hi!

---------- Added 0 hours, 23 minutes and 55 seconds later... ----------

I just checked and David Kinder's guide to Adventure downloads at
    the Interactive Fiction Archive
    is still there. there are several versions and all free. Try one of them and be in for quite a change. Now I have to get out my older games to see if they will work on my new machine. I wonder weather games like Neverwinter Nights will work with the latest computer.

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hi :D I've managed to get NWN playing on a Windows 7 laptop so you shoulld be fine

11. gener1 Gems: 1/31

Hi! Silvery

Thanks for the information. Maybe there is hope for all the other older games I have. I look forward to playing them many more times. Thanks.

12. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've missed a few, so allow me to offer a collective hello to the new folks. While you're here, feel free to be as geeky as you like. It's encouraged in this place! :thumb:

13. gener1 Gems: 1/31

Hi! Again

Been In touch off and on mostly off. I have N W N @ Baulders Gate and several others. Just got a new system and getting into some of the older favorites. New system is Win 7 64. Just now trying to see if the golden oldies will play in the new machine Wish me luck . May have to go back to the old machine. Good to be back.

14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hi there gener1. Die hard Baldur's Gate fan here. I've had plenty of success playing the old Infinity Engine games on Win 7 64, including BG1, BG2, Torment, and Icewind Dale 2.

I'd advise looking into fan mods such as the Widescreen Mod so you can play infinity engine games in current resolutions.

15. scarletrhodelia Gems: 1/31

Media:
    Back again

Hi to everyone. I've been here before but it was a while ago; just got an email reminder so I thought I'd check out the site again.

I'm also a Baldur's Gate gamer, all versions, and looking to start playing a heavily modded game with TuTu. I was going to do that last year, which was probably when I joined, but then my computer crashed and Windows is still funky. Now my keyboard is having problems, so it will be until I get a new one before I start.

Hoping to get some tips on the best mods and how to get the most out of them. See you around--

16. fvig2001 Gems: 1/31

Hello everyone :D. I'm so addicted to bg2. I think I need help.

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The first step is admitting you have a problem. THe second step is realising that we'll just add to the problem and encourage it! :lol:

18. rulrick Gems: 1/31

hello all i,m new here

[​IMG]
    well i,m new to this site i have a homemade rpg campaign setting i,m building called Fantaria, and i,m looking for feedback i have a post already so please feel free to check it out thank you all so much

19. Marceror

Media:
    Hello sir, and welcome! :thumb:

20. af141 Gems: 1/31

Hey guys, I'm a total noob. I just came on here to find the best mods for BG1+2.

Still figuring things out...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.