1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 114

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @8, I had a date that night. When we entered the restaurant it was still warm and sunny. When we left it was cold and raining.

It was awesome :D

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Luck you ;)

Rain has started up again here so I'm left in bed waiting it out :( Joints have been hellish, got the appointment for my DLA review and it's on the 26th. Pity I couldn't have waited to have a bad spell until then
    :facepalm:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You could always fall down the stairs on your way to the appointment... :hahaerr:

Sorry, poor attempt at black humour...

4. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Actually that is a possibility for some ingestion allergies. I am allergic to sulfa (any sulfur derivatives, really), when used topically (detergents, shampoo, etc) my skin gets very irritated. If I ingest it, I will at first get a headache, and if I ingest too much, the rash/irritation to the skin will show up. Where I have to be careful in the alcohol world is red wine. Luckily, I can find sulfur-free stuff that tastes good.

Still, with all the other ailments she complains about, I'd be suspicious of this individual's claim, too.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :lol:

There are three flights in my building to the ground floor :hmm:

To be fair the last assessment by a panel that I had was incredibly nice, I somehow doubt it will go the same way this time round, Kev is trying to wrangle the day off, Jane is coming to is as she is on crutches permanently now (So she's 42 years behind schedule on my reckkoning :p)

So between the three of us we should be able to fill in the gaps.

If they cause afuss because my aspergers isn't obvious I'll just burst into tears and punch a nurse and see how it goes from there ;)

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Best of luck 8 :)

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yup, good luck 8.

By the way, I am now leaving work, having completed my weekly hours. I have been at work today for 2,5 hours :shake: It is a beautiful, sunny day and I will spend the afternoon outside. If it just wasn't so effing cold (0° C tonight!).

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Aren't the powers that be trying to de-classify Asperger's as a disability?

9. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] They're trying to declassify having to use a wheelchair as a disability so I wouldn't be surprised :p

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    :facepalm:

If having to use a wheelchair isn't a "disability", I'm wondering what is.

11. Silvery

Media:
    Makes you wonder how these people manage to get their knickers on UNDER their clothes on a morning

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The argument is "Well you can get around, can't you? So what's the problem?" :rolleyes:

So yeah, all the fun of the fair. Going to be fun to see if I can get into the building THIS assessment is in :lol:

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Anyone ever read Ulysses? I haven't been keeping up, so I have to read 450 pages of it today. Piece o' cake.

14. Ragusa

Media:
    Saber, James Joyce? Or perhaps Homer's Iliad? In case of the latter I'd say 450p is a bit short an estimate and a day won't suffice.

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The price of a sausage can be high.

Not speaking in financial terms but in the amount of time you need to get well.

I will never eat a sausage at the Elf Fantasy Fair again.

16. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Merlanni, that doesn't sound good man. Somehow I think I'm glad that you went light on the details.

Feel better.

17. Silvery

Media:
    I've taken up crochet again. It's been years sincee I did it but it's quite soothing

18. Ragusa

Media:
    Had you bothered to ask me I would have told you about that crooked kobold cook of theirs, but nooo ...

Get better anyway :p

19. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It was messy and I still feel a bit off(Tuesday) The fair of course was great, especially professor Rotherham.

If you go to the next one in Arcen, near Venlo close to Aachen or Köln, in September next, go see the professor. (17-18 Sept)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Rotherham

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hey everyone, I made a thread about my new movie, The Dove, in the Sensorium. It would be awesome if some of you checked it out. It isn't finished (we are in production right now), but I will be using the thread to keep everyone updated.

Thread is here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.