1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 114

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Chicken pox... can't say that I'm looking forward to dealing with that with my boys.

In other news, since the birth of my son on Monday I've hardly slept or stopped to catch my breath. I was way behind on work, but instead of locking myself in my home office, as per usual, I decided to head out to the back yard to get caught up... AND smoke a celebratory cigar that I purchased this afternoon. It was a nice $10.00 Montecristo, and made for one of the most enjoyable and relaxing moments I've had to myself in a good while. Hell, I even managed to enjoy working under these circumstances. I should do it more often.

Now that the urgent work is done, I think it's time to kick it up a notch and break out that bottle of Cabernet I picked up yesterday. I don't drink often anymore (I did so much more regularly before I had kids), but under the circumstances, I'm not above getting a little sloshed tonight! :beer:

Cheers!

2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Job well done. Cheers. :thumb:

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Had chicken pox in my twenties. Never been so sick.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I should try to get more sleep than five and a half hours each night.

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    5 1/2 hours sounds pretty solid lately. Looking forward to the day our baby sleeps through the night. That's a ways off though.

It's amazing how productive you can be on limited sleep when you have no choice but to keep pushing forward.

6. Ragusa

Media:
    Bike troubles

[​IMG] The faster of my two bikes is starting to feel ... strange. Difficult to describe, but I can no longer ride hands off because it constantly requites steering input even though the wheel is not bent. Also, it feels ... wrong when I steer. It is something between over-sensitive and imprecise, but it doesn't have play. Something isn't right. I put by bet on worn head tube bearings, but can't be sure. It is also palpable that the fork yields slightly when I break (but that may be normal, since it has a lightly built racing bike frame). It has seen some heavy use the last year with me driving at least two thousand kilometres with it by commuting alone. I would hate to see my fork disintegrate under me at 20 mph. I need to get it checked and if necessary fixed.

My other bike, a very basic one for that, on the other hand rides marvellously, allows for very relaxed off hands driving, it is 'one with me', is agile and reacts crisply to any input. Better still, it rolls marvellously. It builds up momentum very quickly, and retains it for a long time - it feels like it wants to roll. For hat one I need new tires, and I am going to get me a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus puncture proof tires, after I had to fix my tires twice the last two weeks. A sizeable number of my fellow citizens must be antisocial scum to litter the streets with broken glass as they do. After that upgrade the tires will be the most expensive thing about my bike, even before my heavy bicycle lock (in Cologne the lock quite frequently is the most expensive thing about even the most basic bikes, since bicycle thieves here steal about everything that's not welded to the deck).

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haven't posted in a while - sickness, school, and my movie have gotten in the way of life. I'll be back :borg:

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    A royal birthday today.

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Had a party last night. I feel rough :(

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

My PS3 got the YLOD a while back, so I'm trying the ol' hair dryer fix. Hopefully it lasts long enough so I can backup all my data!

11. Ragusa

Media:
    I had a barbeque with my carnival group on Saturday, where we deliberated which costume we'll take next year, and whether we would accept new members (the 13 yo little sister and a friend of one of our members wanted to join). No problem for anyone, except for that one particular member who objected, on grounds that she opposes new members that she doesn't know (read: like and want). I suggested to her that if we take her preferences as a guideline we could as well initiate purges (it certainly would exclude me). It didn't sit well. Ah well, we have a standing consensus that we don't like each other. Not at all.

She is probably the most obnoxious person I know, a spoiled rotten hypochondriac, allergic to, well, probably life. For the rest of the afternoon she was seen crowing over her steak with that face that can run milk sour, staring at it with an expression as if it was steaming pile of crap, probing it with her knife and cutting out invisible flaws with an expression of utter disgust. Our charming little Mrs. Killjoy.

Speaking of Mrs. Killjoy - imo the greatest mystery of all is that she is married, and that the guy appears to be happy about that fact. Such a nice guy, but what is he doing! Ah well, inexplicably, some people find fulfilment in servitude.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] She could be a tiger in the sack :p

13. Ragusa

Media:
    No, probably an aching back and her various ailments and allergies (real and/or imagined) prevent that. Also, I think that to be a tiger in the sack you need to at least enjoy sex. I know her for about 25 years and can't remember having ever seen her enjoy anything.

PS: Oh well, except perhaps her getting her way. Oh wait, that's a disturbing idea ...

14. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I've heard tell of people who are completely different in the bedroom than they are outside of it. Perhaps she is a freaking sex dynamo, and the reason she's so grouchy the rest of the time is that she'd rather be having sex. Give her the benefit of the doubt, Ragusa!

BTW, why doesn't she like you?

15. Ragusa

Media:
    In a nutshell, she never liked my drinking, my sarcasm and my occasionally loose morals. Also, she never liked my honesty in voicing my views, and probably most importantly, that I take her for a hypochondriac, and ridiculed her for it. Ridiculing a hypochondriac for being a hypochondriac is the supreme insult that cannot be forgiven. I for my part simply find it unpersuasive when someone tells me that she has a 'malt allergy' - because when she drinks beer, she gets a headache. I mean, yeah, just that's what happens when you have an allergy, you get a headache :rolleyes:

I mean, there's sick people and 'Look everyone, I am sick, attention please! Pity me!' people, with a 'malt allergy'. Obnoxious. And of course, given enough time, imagined ailments breed real ones, and so I don't doubt that she has them now, at last.

I list her as a case of 'it can't be helped' and usually avoid her. Works just fine.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Has been lovely and hot the past few day and last night the weather suddenly got very cold, still sunny but not warm at all.

At least this means the fire alarms won't go off!

But am huddled up with a blanket still.

17. Ragusa

Media:
    Yeah, the weather is similar here as well. Temperature dropped by almost 15° over night. I will still ride back home on my bike!

18. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

We are forecasted to get 5 - 10 cm of SNOW overnight -- yuck!

ION, the provincial government has cut funding to my program, so they are going to have to lay off a teacher. But they haven't said who. This is not cool. I am NOT happy. Everything is looking sucky right now.

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Fingers crossed for you LKD

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    So my sister is getting married in October, I'm happy and shocked at the same time. Guess I'll need to buy a suit, and she'll expect a speech too. Where's my big sis who used to babysit me some 15 years ago ? Oh well....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.