1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 114

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Signed up for the WarriorDash in June and August. Ran it last year as well, though we drank, a lot, before the race so I proudly admit I puked during the race. Several times actually. Vodka and running raes don't mix well. :D This year we have a group of 15 running the race together. Should be an awesome time. Many who show up for the race are in costume. I just wear my Viking horned-helmet. Which doubles as a drinking vessel once we start to get inebriated.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] We ended up having an argument yesterday, he knocked over a box when leaving for work so I had to clear it up and found some delicate things that shouldn't have been in there had been broken. He has a three hour train journey to and from work each day as well as working 10 til 5 aand had said he would bring home some storage boxes because I was unhappy living in the flat like this. He ended up bringing *huge* boxes home. Seriously. He brought two of them home that will fill up underneath the bed.

I was performing the crime of sitting on my laptop talking to Urithrand and seeing if iPlayer had updated any of his programmes that I could put on the screen for him to watch when he got home. He then really lay into me that all I did was sit playing games, that I never did anything around the house except for 'one time' when my DSA stuff was being delivered. He even had a go at me for getting counseling at university - which I'm not even getting.

I've been doing coursework seven days a week, I had about three days since he started work that I didn't do any housework - and he barely noticed, and even when he did and complimented me on getting it done - he UNDOES it. I'll clear off the coffee table and within half an hour he's emptied everything out onto it and put even more stuff on there. I clear up the floor (Something that's painful enough on a good day) and he comes home and just DROPS everything. I'm hardly innocent - I know that I nest and hey, at least I keep the things I'm using contained to the bedside table and a small pile at my side of the bed. Yes, he did most of the housework when he was unemployed and I still can't get to the laundrette because of curbs but he also knows I have to weigh up whether I clean up the whole kitchen or cook dinner for us, if I clear the floor or the table. It's not like there's someone else who helps me when he's out at work suddenly.

Ugh, can't wait for his training period to be over and his first paycheck, at least then he won't be so stressed!

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I now have a warmer blanket. :xx:

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

In all seriousness, there must be some charity or other group that could get you some help, 8. My humble advice is to seek out such help. It's perfectly OK for someone who is battling a condition such as yours to reach out to the community for some assistance.

5. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm currently relying on two unreliable companies to talk to eachother. This is not good.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm in the 'charity gap' - I'm not a child or a teenager, I'm not elderly and I don't suffer from one of the 'popular' illnesses. There are charities that help with paperwork, funds for assistive devices, travel schemes, etc, but I'm in the neat little gap where assistance is expected to be provided by the government which means waiting for May for my case to be reviewed.

I've managed to get disabled students allowance but that's only for things directly related for university, so I've got a new notebook, a large monitor and a mahusive printer adding to the collection of two peoples stuff already crammed in here :p

Still... Kev has a job, I made enough money on my first month on eBay to cover my food and phone bills, my DSA will pay up to £800 towards my rent (in this flat just over a month and the next flat...), in May if I get DLA that will go towards the redonculous flat prices in Southampton, moving into a bigger flat over Summer - less crowding of stuff and ZOMG a sofa. Should be only a couple of months of this crap before we're out of here. We always said this would be the worst year we had to face, just didn't expect such a rollercoaster I guess.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

:) Don't ever underestimate the need for a warm blanket. They make a world of difference. :)

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I got a Jedi bath robe today. Feel jealous, SP.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :xx: They do. I think I'm still purring. :xx: Good morning, by the way. :coffee2:

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:( My PS3 got a YLOD. Sigh. It was over 3 years old, so I wasn't expecting it to last much longer, but I hadn't backed it up since January, so I lost all the progress on all my games since then. I bought a new one (300 bucks isn't too bad, especially with a free game), and I think I am going to use the hair dryer method to reanimate the old one long enough to get the newest save files and perhaps do a full data transfer. Hopefully it works!

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Did it come with Ewok slippers?

12. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I used to have Ewok slippers. Never had a Jedi Robe. I'm feeling deprived.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It would be a frosty Friday in Hell before you'd see me in a Jedi bathrobe, Ewok slippers, Wookiee pajamas, or using a Light Sabre marital aid*. You guys are just sick. ;)

*I just realized that even thinking up this one makes me even sicker than you guys. Thanks a lot. You're all terrible influences.

Cap'n CJ likes this.
  14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Takes one to know one! :eek:

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I had a young nephew who was ninja turtles crazy. He put on the suit and thought himself to be one. Well, he got beat up pretty good.

So beware.

16. Marceror

Media:
    Today's vasectomy was... an experience.

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didn't like the burning smell during mine ... "You didn't mention there would be FIRE!"

18. Marceror

Media:
    Yeah, the burning smell was disturbing... realizing that the smell was coming from... well, me. My doctor made some joke that it sure wasn't like going to Korean barbecue. I didn't really understand her joke (yes, I had a female doctor), but something tells me I won't be doing any Korean BBQ for a while!

Thankfully, the vicodin is finally starting to kick in, so I'm feeling slightly more comfortable. Might even try to get some DA2 time in in a bit.

19. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I move house today. Help me, SP :(

20. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Are fully functioning testicles a requirement for the game? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.