1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I'm Ready for DAII to be released

Discussion in 'Dragon Age 2' started by Munchkin Blender, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I’m totally ready for DAII to be released. I pre-ordered the game prior to 1/11/2011 to get the extra content for FREE, I have the week off when the game comes out (took it off for school but it works outs in my favor), and I just finish a full play through of DAO, DAO Awakening, and Witch Hunt as a Dalish Rouge who romanced Morrigan.

I know I will replay DAO through Witch Hunt with a human mage since Hawke is related to this character. I want to see how your selection in DAO impact DAII since the two characters are related; especially if the human mage becomes king/queen and lets Morrigan go and/or go with her.

Does anyone know how the Human Mage origin story character is related to Hawke? Are they sibling or distance relatives?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am totally not ready. I haven't finished my second run-through and I've bought Awakenings but haven't played it except to make sure that it ran. Plus I've got a ton of games that I haven't played from all those great Steam sales (inlcuding Mass Effect 1 and 2)

3. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I saw an order of play for DLC to make sure that the decisions actually port over to DA2

DAO -> Awakening -> Golems of Aarandknv(SP) -> Witch Hunt.

The other ones can be completed at any time. I guess if it's not done in that specific order you might lose the port of golems and with hunt.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I'm not using Golem for my ported games. I don't care for that DLC all that much. I may play it for my next play through but for my most recent game it is not going to happen.

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm mentally ready, and very much looking forward to this one. I guess I need to install DA:O on my current pc, and copy my save games over, as I've never played DA on this machine. I'd like to know how the actions of my lvl 30 arcane warrior affected Thedas.

6. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I just started a new game myself. Played through it a few too many times, so I'm taking it very slowly right now haha :-P. Soon as I've completed the game/expac/addons, I'll be ready. Hopefully by March 8.

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Munchkin. The human mage in origins has the same last name as Hawke`s mother, I belive. So there is some relations there. The warden being a cousin of Hawke, I would think.

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Totally ready for this! Played through DAO, Awakening and Witch Hunt as a rogue... ready for the next installment in the franchise!

As a bonus, will be getting the game for free, as work subsidises us for any game purchased up to $100 per month. :)

9. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

WTF....Where do you work?

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 39 seconds later... ----------

I'm curious if the human mage origin would impact DAII more than the other origins.

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I work for a small flash games company called ninjakiwi. You might have heard of a web game called bloons, we made that. :)

We pretty much get one free game a month as a company "R&D" perk.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The reviews so far have been surprisingly high. All 8's and above from what I have seen. Maybe all the doom and gloom was unwarranted?

The biggest complaints I've seen so far are that the game is too linear (not a huge surprise) and the environments get a little boring since you spend most of your time in Kirkwall. But these were fairly minor complaints. I think I can live with them. :)

12. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

This is off topic but I must say that Bloons TD games are amazing. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.