1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most Anticipated CRPG of 2011

Discussion in 'Featured Polls & Comments' started by Taluntain, Feb 6, 2011.

?

Which of the listed CRPGs set to be released in 2011 are you anticipating the most?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2015.
  1. Dragon Age 2

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. The Witcher 2

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. Mass Effect 3

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. Diablo 3

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  6. Other (please detail in poll comments)

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Avadon looks great. I hope its out soon.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Dragon Age 2 than it is ME3. Besides that no other game as I really don't have the time to play them with grad school and a family.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This Avadon looks interesting, and I hear positive things about the Geneforge series as well. Assuming that both series have similar game mechanics, can anyone tell me what kind of character skill and leveling mechanism these games are using?

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I think Avadon has a different system than Geneforge, but I'm sure they're not radically different. It's not a revolutionary system or anything - on levelling you get points to spend on upgrading stats and skills. There's quite a few to choose from and they cost differing amounts. You can also upgrade the stats of your creations when they level, though it costs mana. In general creations a very disposable though.

Spiderweb's demos are huge, so if you're interested you might as well get one and have a look yourself.

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Which Geneforge would you recommend for me to get acquainted with the Geneforge gameplay?

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Probably the first one, although it's widely agreed that #2 is the best game. There's something to be said for doing things in order though (... except skip #3 - it sucks), and the gameplay is fairly consistent. The scope of the story and the amount of politics involved increases in the later games and there are more things you can shape, but it's all basically the same idea.

9. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I will have to look into those games. Looks cool.

10. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

I am waiting for diablo 3 but sence its a 2012 game Im currently waiting for skyrim for 2011

11. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Though the other ones interest me as well (duh), I'm guessing the new Elder Scrolls will be a tad bit more exciting then the rest of the bunch. ME3 I will probably buy as well, that is if i'm already working then. :p

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The final poll results from the old forums (including guest votes):

Q: Which of the listed CRPGs set to be released in 2011 are you anticipating the most?
    (546 votes total)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (154) 28%
    Diablo 3 (125) 23%
    Dragon Age 2 (95) 17%
    The Witcher 2 (79) 14%
    Mass Effect 3 (79) 14%
    Other (please detail in poll comments) (14) 3%

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.