1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WeiDu question

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Khemsa, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Khemsa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have used IEEP to create a number of magic items. However, when I had to reinstall recently, I lost the item descriptions and item numbers. I noticed that when new items are added by mods, the weidu installation adds the unique item numbers. I

have no programming skills, so I was wondering if someone could give me step by step guide to packaging my items into a weidu package so I could just install them anew anytime I have to reinstall? Thanks.

2. Pyroreaver Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

At this point in time I think your IEEP skills are way beyond most people. If you asked this question few years ago, I think there would be alot of help. I think most of the mod makers left the game. However, I think you can still try SHS (spellholdstudios.net). they MIGHT have some modders.

along that train of thought, you can also search past messages to see if you can find your answer.

also, I did a quick check, shs has tons of modding instruction manuals, good luck!

If I pissed of some people, sorry!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well Spellhold Studios is a modding community... and IEEP is still used to make items by a fair few people. And the fact is if you used ieep for this purpose is redundant really...

Your best bet is probably looking at mods you have installed at the moment, and open up a .tp2 file and see how it's put together. Also look at the modlist.pocketplane.net and check up on .tp2 tutorials - they're not the most documented thing but it's what you're wanting to make along with packaging your mod tutorials.

Items when installed to a game via Weidu are copied from one folder to the Override, so for example if you made an item which was a ring the code for it would look something like
    Code:
    Copy ~MyStuff/Khemsa01.itm~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 ~Ring~
      SAY NAME2 ~My Awesome Ring~
      SAY DESC ~This is a ring. It is mine and therefore awesome.~
    Don't underestimate how many modders are out there.

4. Pyroreaver Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I stand corrected... how come no modders helped me when I posted for answers on how to change class weapon restrictions?

Had to write something to bully out the modders. =)

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The one in November? I personally don't make new kits or classes so modifying proficiencies has never been something I've played around with. If I wanted to answer your question I would have had to attempt it myself. Test it. Then post my findings, as it was other people were happy to post alternatives including a mod that already addressed the situation.

Depends on time available really. I only posted the above because it was 3am and I was waiting for my other half to finish a book so I could sleep ;)

I can go into more detail on the tp2 file I guess but have coursework vying for my time. But for each item it's a case of copying it to the override and entering the text for NAME1 (Unidentified name), NAME2 (Identified name), DESC(ription)

The basic guides to weidu say how to make the setup files too. Could also download an item pack and check out the code in that, most of the useful code I know comes from when I've looked to see what makes a mod tick after playing it or trying something similar myself.

6. Khemsa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thanks for your advice. I will look for some manuals.

You have been most helpful.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.