1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

List of spells by descriptor or effect?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Master of Nuhn, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm planning to play a Master of Radiance (PrC from Libris Mortis). This PrC gets a +2 caster level on spells with the Light descriptor while the Radiant Aura ability is active. Now I don't want to flip through all the spell descriptions of all (divine) spells in any available book. That takes too long. I would also like a list of spells that create a Ray effect.
    So my question is this:

Does anybody have any idea where I can find a website or file to download that lists spells by subtype (like Light or Good desciptor) or effect (Ray, Cone, etc)?
    That would be a great help! :)

2. Manjuu Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

No idea. But I can give you a list of spells with the Light descriptor right here:

From Player's Handbook 3.5:

Continual Flame (Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Dancing Lights (Bard, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Daylight (Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Faerie Fire (Druid)
    Flare (Bard, Druid, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Light (Bard, Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Sunbeam (Druid, Sun domain)
    Sunburst (Druid, Sorcerer/Wizard, Sun domain)

(For some strange reason, "Searing Light" didn't have the Light descriptor.)

Book of Exalted Deeds:

Celestial Brilliance (Cleric, Glory domain, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Crown of Brilliance (Cleric)
    Curtain of Light (Sanctified)
    Lantern Light (Cleric, Paladin, Sorcerer/Wizard, Vassal of Bahamut)

Spell Compendium:

Anger of the Noonday Sun (Druid)
    Blinding Breath (Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Blistering Radiance (Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Breath Flare (Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Glowing Orb (Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Guiding Light (Bard, Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Heartfire (Bard, Druid)
    Light of Lunia (Celestia domain, Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Light of Mercuria (Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Light of Venya (Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Lucent Lance (Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Luminous Gaze (Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Moonbeam (Moon domain)
    Moonfire (Moon domain)
    Nimbus of Light (Cleric, Purification domain)
    Radiant Assault (Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Rainbow Beam (Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Rainbow Blast (Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Ray of Light (Bard, Sorcerer/Wizard)
    Righteous Aura (Paladin)
    Shadowblast (Cleric, Druid)
    Wall of Light (Cleric, Sorcerer/Wizard)

Hope this is helpful. :)

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sure is! Thanks! :)

I never noticed that. It's weird! The first spell that comes to my mind that would have the Light descriptor, is Searing Light.
    The Master of Radiance CAN cast Searing Light at a +2 CL while her Radiant Aura is active, though. The MoR's Searing Light ability is my main reason for getting the PrC.

4. Manjuu Gems: 2/31

Strange. Then again, it could just be a typo in the Player's Handbook. I've found several mistakes, both grammar- and spelling-wise, and rule-wise, in the 3rd and 3.5 rulebooks.

5. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    It isn't on WotC's official lists of errata for PHB 3.5 and Libris Mortis, either... :???:

6. Manjuu Gems: 2/31

Searing Light isn't there? XD

Baronius likes this.
  7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Talk to the DM. I am sure they will ok it. It is an obvious miss by Wotc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.